Southampton (H) | Post Match Thread

What a frustrating disappointment that was.

Hopefully the kick up the arse needed to persuade those holding the purse strings that a striker is an absolute must in January, regardless of cost, agents or rival bids.

Pep called it on Wednesday, he said we’d be tired and that’s how we looked. Can’t remember us giving the ball away so often.

Good draw on that basis

Sterling is not and never will be a CF. I’m not sure Torres is either but he’s in form by his standards and should’ve started
The lad scores and looks to gain a bit of momentum then gets put on the bench, unbelievable really. Same goes for the likes of KDB. He can’t keep swapping and changing the main striker false 9 or not if it is indeed Torres we are going with this season. Then again he does love a good rotation.

Did anyone actually listen to or read Pep's comments?

He literally said the team were exhausted. He said this was going to be a very difficult game because of the high intensity of both Marsch and Hassenhuttl.

He knew this was going to happen, which is why he appealed to the crowd.

None of this is conjecture, the man literally spelled it out but people would rather talk about imagined insults instead of what he actually said.

And then after the game, after he said the team were exhausted, you're questioning why the team looked tired! You couldn't make it up FFS.
5 games in and there fucked god help us then mate . Liverpool have just slammed palace and they run non stop stop on your he same amount of games so what are they doing differently?

Walker lost possession and dived in, to me as said a soft one but a penalty.
That's a gross oversimplification.

Their attacker over ran the ball and was going to ground before any contact, as he was on the stretch. Walker stayed on his feet got his foot in front of the ball without fouling the player. Walker bailed himself out of a mistake with his pace and strength yet again. No excuse for that to be given in the times of VAR but Walker did take a risk.

Terrible performance.
Passing was abysmal.
Ferna won't be getting a new contract.
Big 2 points dropped considering we have Chelsea and Liverpool away in the next 2 games. We need 2 or 3 points out of them 2 games now or we are going to be a fair few points behind.
We will beat them both

Showed the replay in the stadium and everyone sat around me said we got away with one there.

I'd be screaming bloody murder if that had gone the other way
Exactly its blue tinted lenses to claim that it was clearly not a penalty. The same wearers would scream and cry foul if the shoe were reversed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.