Southampton (H) | Post Match Thread

yep, i thought it was a penalty when it happened and when they replayed it.

on sterlings goal (did he ger the final touch?) from the replay i saw he was a good 2 feet offside with his right leg

IN ANY CASE the linesman gave it offside so theres certainly no reason to reverse that decision

I feel like some people always go against City with the ref decisions, just so they can piss and moan at a certain player or Pep.

Full on dogshit that. We were very fortunate to get a point, Southampton should have won and might have but for cowardice at the end.

We don't have any change of approach when our usual game isn't working nevermind a plan B. We're not capable of sustained pressure on their box late on in tight games, they didn't look like they were struggling to cope at any point today, they had us sussed and could have defended well into the night.

We also lack match winners, mahrez used to be one at Leicester, he has been moulded into something different, I don't see Grealish as one, kdb can be and foden is but that's it. Sterling was until he turned into a waste of kit.

I don't get why others are mentioning our start last season like it has relevance unless we're expecting the same things elsewhere. Do we expect Chelsea to be shit until Christmas? Do we expect Liverpool to capitulate for 4 months? Do we expect united to be as shit as they was? Do we expect us to go on a 15 game run again? Those are 2 precious points dropped, United played poorly against them away and still won, Chelsea and Liverpool will brush them aside.

We now have to go to Stamford Bridge and anfield and win just to keep pace. Nothing positive to take from today. The fans turned up, Pep and the players didn't.
Another 1. I'll ask again, what did Southampton do to deserve more than a point? What goal saving saves did Ederson make or what defensive blocks did any of our players have to make?

u

utter rubbish. Klopp doesnt make subs in the first half either only that idiot jose
I never said first half. I can tell you with my full chest that when things are not going as planned Klopp tends to make changes very fast. Pep allows his players the opportunity to prove themselves a bit more and his popular for making changes around the 60th minute mark. Like the other guy said, there are advantages and disadvantages too. All I’m saying is that sometimes Pep gets undone by relying on his genius mind when he could have easily done an obvious thing.

You are obviously new to football, freak results happen and you can’t compare a team to two years ago. Nothing embarrassing at all. Hassendahl is a good coach and they always seem to play decent football.
Freak result? It was 0-0 and it wasn't because of our usual 30 on target and a missed penalty. We barely laid a punch. Id have been happier losing to a 40yrd screamer from Bednarek if we at least looked like we could put two passes together and get a shot away.

Keep playing sterling and we will win nothing . He is nowhere near our level and that’s being kind to him because let’s face it when we found out he was on the team a lot would have thought this is going to an hard game . Should only play in the domestic cups .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.