Southampton (H) | Post Match Thread

Woeful but City throw out a performance like that every now and again. Might be a few more this year though and that will be the difference.

It wasn’t the lack of goals that pissed me off today, it was the lack of effort.
We honestly didn’t really try today, maybe the last 3 or 4 minutes.
I am actually don't think it was a lack of effort I just feel like we were disjointed, there was no one, other than Grealish with any ideas of what to do with the ball. Southampton harried us and a couple of players in particular couldn't cope with that. I also thought Gundogan looked a little upset coming off the pitch.

Conversely, Rodri struggled midweek. A lot of Leipzig’s attacks bypassed him in midfield because his lack of pace allowed them opportunities, and we didn’t settle down in midfield until he went off and Fernandinho came on.

Today Fernandinho had a shocker.

Not true, we continued to struggle after Fernandinho replaced him. The reason was told by Pep after the game and was obvious during the game, Pep was angry at Mahrez and Grealish for not helping in defence. Rodri was playing mostly on his own.

Our league games with Rodri were infinitely better than those without him (Spurs and Southampton). Today was probably our worst performance in midfield over the last 3-4 years.

Conversely, Rodri struggled midweek. A lot of Leipzig’s attacks bypassed him in midfield because his lack of pace allowed them opportunities, and we didn’t settle down in midfield until he went off and Fernandinho came on.

Today Fernandinho had a shocker.
They knew this and targeted him very early

no one is denying that but History (which is what that is) means absolutely nothing with the game today or any game int he future.....despite what the rags and scousers wll try to make people believe....its all about he moment and today we were poor to a man (and I wouldnt blame pep) ...the players were poor today.
The post was far too sensible for post match ;)

The club and us as supporters have been put through the media shit storm again this past week. The week before with Mendy in the dock and Pep getting attacked for his presser on when and if he might leave.

Time to step back and reflect. The saints match was shit no doubt but we need to remember that above all the noise city is a fantastic club.

Tough times only bring out the best in our supporters, players and coach.

My first game this season as I furloughed my seat till next year.. Got invited by some friends who had hospitality.. I went with the lad Paul who’s in a wheelchair to 93:20 while his missus and lad had a meal in Legends.. I couldn’t fault the staff at all, sorted Paul a headset (as he’s partially blind after two strokes) then the guy who sorted the headset gave us two wristbands for Joe’s which was literally right behind us and made the day super easy.

Great atmosphere but some shite performances .. the worst of the bunch (for me) Raz and Gundo..

Saw Rodri on the way out, he was leaving on foot with his missus.. Posed for photos with fans.. Never seen his missus before.. she’s a bit special

Just back at the hotel. A pretty inept performance. Sterling, Gundo and Jesus offered precious little. As for Fernandinho, christ. He was terrible. I think the extra year may well prove to be an (understandably) sentimental mistake.
Southampton's tactics worked perfectly
Stop the ball to Cancelo and be quick closing Fern and Walker
What was really disappointing is that when Ederson had the ball a number of times the Southampton defence were lined up perfectly for Grealish to run behind and he was stood ballwatching rather than being proactive

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.