Southampton (H) | Post Match Thread

Lol Rodri played 90% of the games last season you saying they were all average opposition? Dortmund, PSG as well?

When teams sit back then sure Rodri looks decent. When he's pressed he really struggles. He doesn't cut out potential threats like Fern does.

Nah. What the team needed was a new and better CDM in the summer.

Fern is 36 and unfortunately showing it and Rodri doesn't have the pace or speed of thought.

Against poor teams like Norwich and Arsenal, sure, against decent opposition and it shows.

Couldn't disagree more. Rodri played both games vs Real, Rodri played when we smashed Liverpool 4:0, Rodri played when we won at Anfield 4:1, Rodri played when we won at Chelsea 3:1, Rodri played when we won 2:1 at PSG, Rodri played when we made rags look stupid in the league cup (3:1 at OT), etc, etc.

It's amazing fans still think we won 22 games in a row last season in spite of Rodri not being good enough. Clueless.

He was wank today. Maybe he is ok when we play ok.
Looked decent enough on the right. Went central to do what sterling wasn't at the start of the second half, missed a long shot, head went (main criticism of Jesus) then was subbed for Mahrez so Sterling could go back to his disappointing go at centre forward.

If today starts Grealish - Torres - Jesus he'd have probably looked like the player who's just won player of the month.

Couldn't disagree more. Rodri played both games vs Real, Rodri played when we smashed Liverpool 4:0, Rodri played when we won at Anfield 4:1, Rodri played when we won at Chelsea 3:1, Rodri played when we won 2:1 at PSG, Rodri played when we made rags look stupid in the league cup (3:1 at OT), etc, etc.

It's amaizing fans still think we won 22 games in a row last season in spite of Rodri not being good enough. Clueless.

Rodri was the pivotal player for all that was he? I'm sure Sterling played some of that but I don't think he's been playing that well either.

When teams sit back then sure Rodri looks decent. When he's pressed he really struggles. He doesn't cut out potential threats like Fern does.
So they all sat back last season? Rodri had a very good season and I've seen and heard every City fan fuming because he didn't start in the Champions League final.

We needed a striker in the summer and that's it.

lol at this forum after a poor result, I'm fuming but we can't win them all, we were inches if not CMs away from winning as well.

Wasn't his best game prior to that against Real Madrid?

As I wrote in his own thread, any player is capable of having a great game here and there. It's if they can do that consistently that matters.

I don't think he does not nearly enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.