Southampton (H) | Post Match Thread

If you think elite teams phone it in every second season then football isn’t for you
And you don't deserve to watch this team. Four years of near constant success and all the flappers are already predicting impending doom. I see they are already penciling our next games as losses and the end of our title run. Might as well just stop watching now and save us from the moaning. You might just get a surprise at the end of the season with a cup or 2 or you could be lucky and get it right and have your wish of selling all the players you don't like.

So they all sat back last season? Rodri had a very good season and I've seen and heard every City fan fuming because he didn't start in the Champions League final.

We needed a striker in the summer and that's it.

lol at this forum after a poor result, I'm fuming but we can't win them all, we were inches if not CMs away from winning as well.

For the most part yes they did.

The blueprint to beat us was sit back, pack the defence and hit us on the break.

I think people on here were fuming that Fern didn't play the CL final.

We’re so slow and lethargic I really miss the centurion team how quickly we attacked teams and how we started early and set the tempo. Even against arsenal and norwich goals aside the way we played was so slow
Theres barely any pace in the team so its hard to play with pace. We have signed slow technical players at the expense of athletic, technical, fast players like we used to.

Oriol Romeu is a strange one isn’t he? Seems to go completely under the radar but often seems to play brilliantly against us. Good pedigree too, Pep’s Barca and Chelsea on his CV. He absolutely bossed that midfield today

The pressure on Pep to win without a recognised forward is ridiculous. Last season he somehow managed it but he should not have to do it again. You can see he is not comfortable this season without the right tools to do the job. It does not matter who’s fault it is but you can see the frustration on the players and manager.

Results like today will be frequent.

Top 4 should be deemed a success this time around. This is not an attack on the players or pep. We all know not buying a forward will leave us short of any type of league consistency.

Theres barely any pace in the team so its hard to play with pace. We have signed slow technical players at the expense of athletic, technical, fast players like we used to.
I know yeah, not really a criticism just personal preference. The pace we played at we just killed teams. So exciting to watch.

Oriol Romeu is a strange one isn’t he? Seems to go completely under the radar but often seems to play brilliantly against us. Good pedigree too, Pep’s Barca and Chelsea on his CV. He absolutely bossed that midfield today
Reminds me of a poor mans De Jong (Nigel not Frankie) but like you said always seems to have a decent game against us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.