Southampton (H) | Post Match Thread

id rather see foden "upfront"...his movement is just as good if not better and he is individually more skillful in tight spaces like the penalty area....he is more aggressive in the right moments as well
In theory this works but im not sure if it would in practice. We have no clue if he could score enough in the middle and id rather see him out wide anyway. Sterling and torres are probably our best options as one is a good finisher and the other we know can score goals. Unless we want to push gundy back up the pitch.

That was a shocking non-performance, the worst under Pep and I even cannot blame him, he predicted it after Leipzig game. Those eleven on the pitch (apart from Grealish) might have tried to play only under threat of execution at HT. That German at Chelsea or Bielsa would drag Ferandinho off the pitch after 10 minutes, he was abysmal and he caused Bernardo, and Gundo particularly, to be all over the place.

In theory this works but im not sure if it would in practice. We have no clue if he could score enough in the middle and id rather see him out wide anyway. Sterling and torres are probably our best options as one is a good finisher and the other we know can score goals. Unless we want to push gundy back up the pitch.
Jesus should be the right option as he was bought as a striker and has been here 4 seasons so should know how we play without even needing to think about it. Why we keep pissing about with him I don’t know. Having not signed one, he has to be our number one striker and whilst he isn’t the greatest player we have ever had, he surely has to be a better option that Torres and Sterling.

Jesus should be the right option as he was bought as a striker and has been here 4 seasons so should know how we play without even needing to think about it. Why we keep pissing about with him I don’t know. Having not signed a striker, he has to be our number one striker and whilst he isn’t the greatest player we have ever had, he surely has to be a better option that Torres and Sterling.
hes not good enough in the long term upfront and he doesnt want to be a striker anymore he looks ace outwide and should stay there. Sterling has out scored jesus every season theyve been together this shouldnt be hard for him to get some goals in the middle. Sterlings main thing is making runs and getting tap ins he in theory should be the perfect short term fix.

Been there since 1984 mate and that’s a few dark decades. I’m frightened by your complete lack of realism about our forthcoming matches.
20-odd goals in our previous four home games before today. One poor performance/no goals and you're publicly talking about a lack of realism about our upcoming games. Actually, I said nothing specific about our next Prem fixtures. No top team rolls over the lesser teams every time. Some fans I know are biting their fingernails about our tough fixtures, just like you. Clearly, I and most others have more confidence in our team than you. Been going since the 60s - before our 60s glory march. You've been going for quite a while. Given what you've seen over the decades, why do you have no confidence in our team ?

Can't understand Pep leaving Sterling on all game. He was terrible. Wtf is going on with him?
Fern should've walked way earlier imo. Way off the pace.
Terrible performance from the whole team, maybe except Jack.
They looked completely fucked tbh.

Fair play to Southampton, they pressed us and it paid off, made us sloppy. Its obviously the way to stifle us, high press. Many teams have done it.
We've been stifled by Tottenham, Leicester and now Saints, only 1 goal in those 3 games.
It's worrying.

Can't understand Pep leaving Sterling on all game. He was terrible. Wtf is going on with him?
Fern should've walked way earlier imo. Way off the pace.
Terrible performance from the whole team, maybe except Jack.
They looked completely fucked tbh.

Fair play to Southampton, they pressed us and it paid off, made us sloppy. Its obviously the way to stifle us, high press. Many teams have done it.
We've been stifled by Tottenham, Leicester and now Saints, only 1 goal in those 3 games.
It's worrying.
Agree with everything you said but who do you bring on for Dinho? We have no one in the mold to play that position right now and that Rodri injury has blown up in our face.

You’ve never seen us “so static”, “so laboured”, “truly awful “ “shocking”

I’d have stopped typing at “never seen us”.,,,

What a cretinous response.

Of course I have if you mean the club, but that's not what I meant. And you know that.

I'm talking about this side. Thought that was obvious.

Give yourself a pat on the back though for a truly original take. Berk.

Was a poor performance, but not unexpected. Pep told us after the Leipzig game the squad is massively fatigued, and it was obvious watching the first 15 minutes. I blame these ridiculous international breaks cramming in 3 international fixtures for FIFA to get to next year's World Cup with the qualifiers. It's borderline abuse of the players who are being run into the floor physically.

Take nothing away from Southampton, they had their tactics well set up, and deserved their point. They gave us a mighty scare, something they do quite often.

It's not all doom and gloom for me, I wasn't expecting us to get going this season until October/November anyway. Hopefully we play the kids in the Carabao Cup and rest the big players leading into Chelsea and the week ahead after that game.

Fernandinho is a issue, his two starts this season have been poor by his lofty standards, but I'll back in the squad and manager that has won 3 of the last 4 titles rather then throw the baby out with the bath water in September.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.