Southampton (H) | Post Match Thread

If we lose the next two matches, at a possible nine points behind it will be almost impossible this season given how improved our rivals are.
allways said from when the fixtures came out if we get through this group of hard games and are 6 points adrift then we will be fine,i wouldnt even wright us off even if its 9 points,dont forget yes our rivals have improved but theirs have to

Personally I don't give a shit about league and Carabao cup

This season i want FA cup and CL.

End of story

We missed Laporte's build up
Yes. Its taken for granted how good we are at building from the back. Neither Dias or Ake are anywhere near the levels of Stones and La Porte at those zipped passes. It was ponderous, slow and v predictable yesterday.

If your eyes fail you and you are into that sort of thing: City's Xg was more than double Southampton's.
Which is why xG is nearly as shit a metric as net spend. Had Saints had more composure in front of goal they'd have won 2 or 3-0. Yesterday felt more like a point gained for us, rather than two dropped.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.