#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't write him off just yet but I believe if you were to ask Raheem himself he would be disappointed with his current club form. I hope it's not a result of him not being first choice but the truth is margins at the elite level of the game are small between being a match winner and nothing you try coming off.

The next few games will tell us a lot and I think to get the best out of Raheem will be a test for Pep. Same could be said about Mahrez who didn't exactly alter the game yesterday. From where I sat only the introduction of Phil and Kev had a positive effect. One thing I do think though is we will see a positive reaction against Chelsea and I expect us to win.
Are you suggesting Sterling should start these next few games?

Are you suggesting Sterling should start these next few games?
I blooming hope he doesn't but hopefully he will have an impact as a sub. He should play midweek giving him a chance to get something going.

This would be my first 11 in the bigger games - maybe harsh on Cancelo but I like the balance Zinchenko gives the team.

Ederson
Walker, Laporte/Stones, Dias, Zinchenko
Kev, Rodri, Bernardo
Grealish, Ferran, Phil.

I blooming hope he doesn't but hopefully he will have an impact as a sub. He should play midweek giving him a chance to get something going.

This would be my first 11 in the bigger games - maybe harsh on Cancelo but I like the balance Zinchenko gives the team.

Ederson
Kev, Rodri, Bernardo
Grealish, Ferran, Phil.

Aren't a number of those injured atm ?

Ederson
Kev, Rodri, Bernardo
Grealish, Ferran, Phil.
Your balancing it with a left back who offers nothing going forwards and then completely unbalancing the midfield as none of them suit playing wide right.

Don't mind him missing chances as opposed to not scoring or laying on assists - there's just been nothing in his game to merit his inclusion for a long time. Basic ball control seems to be a problem for him. No idea why he's regressed so much but he looks a square peg in a round hole. Disappointing to see him levels below where he has been with us but facts are facts and he's not worthy of a starting place.

I don't think Sterling is contributing anything unique, things that many others like Mahrez and Bernardo can add naturally to the side, at the moment. He just doesn't seen capable of running at and going past defenders which was his trademark skill.

If we could I'd capitalise on him in the next window whilst he is still worth something, though sadly I see his price falling after each game he plays.... thank goodness for the waistcoat who is helping sustain his value to us.

Last edited:
Pep’s been exceedingly kind to him to date but it’s surely reached the point where he just plays bit parts until or unless forcing his way back by virtue of performance. In other words, just like Foden and others have been managed.

Do we really even need him any more? Is he worth a shiny new contract costing mega millions?

In the present market he‘s worth a disappointingly low amount. However, it could be argued we had our return on investment over the two or three years when he was knocking them in. And, for those who set stock by such things, his current book value can‘t be much more than about £10m.

Your balancing it with a left back who offers nothing going forwards and then completely unbalancing the midfield as none of them suit playing wide right.
I don't know because Zinchenko has played in most of our best team performances of the last 2 years and his ability to take the ball when pressed is under rated. As I said tough call between him and Cancelo who is great going forward.

Re right side balance I think Kev and Bernardo often drift towards the right side and I prefer Bernardo's work ethic although I thought yesterday aside Jesus was doing a fine job out there. Mahrez is a weird one for me because he goes from being totally unplayable to absent - great to come on when teams are tired of chasing. Who would you put in there and who would make way?

Unfortunately no longer at the level we need, to get to the places we want to go.

Love the bloke and really feel for him but it doesn't just look like form. Basic things don't seem to be there or when they are, they are in short bursts.

I wonder if he has something going on away from football that is affecting him. Really really hope he gets back to his best but its been a long time since he has. Just feels like anybody else we have in the squad in his position is better than him on all fronts.

But what he does need is our support. Not the fucking horrible shit throwing that some on here are chucking his way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.