Who will be our main rivals this season?

Sterling does not look in a good place in sky blue.

His attitude and performances for the National team are at a different level, says everything you need to know.

Players/managers have a shelf life at clubs, to me it looks like Sterling is at the end as far as we are concerned.

Nothing in this comment has anything to do with the question I asked, which is why you think "The love affair between Pep and Sterling is over from both sides".

What's the evidence that Pep's over and done with Sterling?

There is none, it's complete fantasy on your part.

Nothing in this comment has anything to do with the question I asked, which is why you think "The love affair between Pep and Sterling is over from both sides".

I am a Sterling fan but for the last 18 months his form has gone down the cliff, understandable it can happen to the best but his performances for England don't look like a player struggling for form.

At this time and for a long time he has not performed, it looks like the trust between player and manager is damaged.

I haven't read back to see what you were discussing but I struggle to see how Sterling fits into our side now. What is his position?

I haven't read back to see what you were discussing but I struggle to see how Sterling fits into our side now. What is his position?
He likes to play left wing, but unless Jack Grealish is injured or suffers a major loss of form there is no way he gets that spot now.

Chelsea will run us the closest. I'm not quite at the defeatist attitude shown by many who think we aren't capable of winning it this season - certainly not after 4 games where we haven't had our full strength team to pick.

As for Sterling, if he wants out then get whatever fee we can south of 60m and be done with it. Would be a huge mistake to let him run down his contract because his performances don't warrant him taking up a valuable place in the squad.
He wasn't even that bad on Saturday but reading on here you'd think he was the worst player on the pitch. Probably be best for both parties to move on at the end of the season.

He likes to play left wing, but unless Jack Grealish is injured or suffers a major loss of form there is no way he gets that spot now.

And that also doesn't factor in Foden, who has been leaps and bounds above Sterling for 18 months (at least where City is concerned) and played his best football at LW.

There are 5/6 players in this squad that are all playing better football than him at the moment across the front 3. He has a serious battle on his hands to be considered a crucial player in this team anymore. He will get minutes this season, but at the moment, he isn't going to be considered a starting player and is a long way off being selected on merit.

And that also doesn't factor in Foden, who has been leaps and bounds above Sterling for 18 months (at least where City is concerned) and played his best football at LW.

There are 5/6 players in this squad that are all playing better football than him at the moment across the front 3. He has a serious battle on his hands to be considered a crucial player in this team anymore. He will get minutes this season, but at the moment, he isn't going to be considered a starting player and is a long way off being selected on merit.
Totally agree and at this time he seems to know it and is not responding in a positive way, as I said earlier, he looks like he wants out.

Pep gave him a huge chance at the end of last season, he put incredible faith into Sterling for the Champ' final, Sterling returned a poor performance and for me that was the breaking point in what was once a brilliant relationship.

At this time and for a long time he has not performed, it looks like the trust between player and manager is damaged.

I'm not asking you to state the same thing 100 different ways, just explain what evidence there is that Pep no longer trusts Sterling, given his continued backing of him in big games, not least the biggest game of Peps career at City.

I'm not asking you to state the same thing 100 different ways, just explain what evidence there is that Pep no longer trusts Sterling, given his continued backing of him in big games, not least the biggest game of Peps career at City.
one full appearance this season for a player who had a wonderful Euros.

Lack of interest on the pitch from the player and he clearly does not look happy.

I don't like to see it, we are a far better team with Sterling playing out of his skin, he is a shadow of the player of two seasons ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.