Who will be our main rivals this season?

Chelsea, scousers and rags all looking strong. Can't see any team pulling ahead by many points this season, we have to stay in the pack. The next two games will tell us whether we can, I'd take two draws now

Season is still young but chelsea and liverpool look pretty formiddable so far. United less so, but they will just keep grinding out last minute winners.

I personally dont think we'll win it this year. I think theres 3 glaring holes in the team and 2 years on the bounce they've not been addressed. Striker, left back, and central midfield.

Those holes will be exposed as the season goes on. Just dont see us having the strength in depth to challenge this year.

Season is still young but chelsea and liverpool look pretty formiddable so far. United less so, but they will just keep grinding out last minute winners.

I personally dont think we'll win it this year. I think theres 3 glaring holes in the team and 2 years on the bounce they've not been addressed. Striker, left back, and central midfield.

Those holes will be exposed as the season goes on. Just dont see us having the strength in depth to challenge this year.
that's what happens when your first choice LB finishes up in the nick!!

i dont think we will pull it off this year but hey who knows who's form will dip come the winter months, just for the record last year we dropped points early on Sept-Nov in the season to Leicester,Leeds,West Ham,Liverpool and Spurs dropping 12 points in those 5 games, So worried ? certainly not at 3 point adrift, i'd be happy with 4 or 3 points from the Liverpool & the Chelsea games but no more than 6 behind come the next international break ,if we can keep with the pack or just tucked in behind them we have a good chance,we cant win it every year so the main thing is United dont if we dont,i'd sooner eat my own turds than see them twats pulling it off

Last edited:
Totally agree and at this time he seems to know it and is not responding in a positive way, as I said earlier, he looks like he wants out.

Pep gave him a huge chance at the end of last season, he put incredible faith into Sterling for the Champ' final, Sterling returned a poor performance and for me that was the breaking point in what was once a brilliant relationship.

To me he looks like a player who has lost his confidence & form & won't get it back for city .
Some players need bollockings & some need an arm round the shoulder ,looks like he needs the latter to me ,but don't think pg a guy who does that .
He's not been the same since the disagreement on the touchline last season .
Can see him going back to the dippers in the summer .

He's played every game. The rest has nothing to do with Pep.

Just admit you made up something stupid and there's no sign of Pep losing trust in him whatsoever.
I think Pep has shown far too much trust in him. As you say, he's played a part in every game, but he's been poor to average in every one.
If he's doing well in training and then failing on the big days, we have to conclude that he's taking the piss.
As I see it, the longer Pep plays him, the more confusing it becomes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.