Great Read in todays MEN by Dominic Farell

Really really good article, sums up my thoughts exactly, if I was as literate as Dom obviously is
It's just another attempt by commercial media to manufacture and sell news. It claims that City fans deserve much better than what Guardiola said when all he said was he hoped more fans would be at the game at the weekend. BT highlighted it and waded in but I don't think Pep had any intention of criticising City fans, he was just thinking about the next game and how difficult it would be.

There's a number of City fans taking this stance and supporting Parker. I have no idea why and no one can say how it is that they are offended. They are just ultra-sensitive after years of baiting by Man Utd fans. Don't mention the crowds Pep!

I am in the time to move on camp. That said, it’s a pretty good article and correctly highlights the hypocrisy of those “Blues”’setting up new Twitter accounts to launch vitriol at Kevin Parker. Maybe these bed wetters who can’t take empty seats jibes from rags should have grown up in Stretford when we were in the doldrums and the rags were at Wembley most years. They might have learnt a thing or to about supporting our Club.

It's just another attempt by commercial media to manufacture and sell news. It claims that City fans deserve much better than what Guardiola said when all he said was he hoped more fans would be at the game at the weekend. BT highlighted it and waded in but I don't think Pep had any intention of criticising City fans, he was just thinking about the next game and how difficult it would be.

There's a number of City fans taking this stance and supporting Parker. I have no idea why and no one can say how it is that they are offended. They are just ultra-sensitive after years of baiting by Man Utd fans. Don't mention the crowds Pep!

I genuinely couldnt give less of a shit what united fans say, the article is bang on, we should be able to stand up for what we believe and not just roll over and have our tummies tickled because our manager happens to be the best ever (I dont particularly think he was criticising the fans either) the article says so much more than you're implying

The way I see it Marvin was Pep was trying to fire up the fans a bit for the Southampton game and Kevin thought he was defending the fans. It’s got a bit out of hand but both parties were probably well intentioned.

You seem to be of the opinion that members of the OSC don’t have the rights to freedom of speech as other fans. You misinformed this forum yesterday that this wasn’t a media story until the Kevin Parker interview. Social media was rife with anti City jibes after Pep volunteered his comments about fans. It was also across the media including Talkshite. I ignored your comment then but you’ve made it again so I’ve replied.

Btw The empty seats stuff is water off a ducks arse to me but I can see why some Blues get frustrated.

I am in the time to move on camp. That said, it’s a pretty good article and correctly highlights the hypocrisy of those “Blues”’setting up new Twitter accounts to launch vitriol at Kevin Parker. Maybe these bed wetters who can’t take empty seats jibes from rags should have grown up in Stretford when we were in the doldrums and the rags were at Wembley most years. They might have learnt a thing or to about supporting our Club.
Parker opened the flood-gates. As a City fan who knows how the media works he could have killed the story.

Of course they have the rights to freedom of speech but that doesn't mean I have to agree with them. I think it's out of order for a representative of City's fanbase to make such comments and open us up to criticism. The media will be at it again today, and tomorrow.

Disclaimer on that page ...

"... the story you have read today might sit on Manchester Evening News for now, and is part of the MEN family, but is not representative of those who work there full time."

Still a shit paper.
I'd love to know the (real) reasoning behind that comment, and the actual need to put it there in the first place ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.