#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate, if your bar for getting in City's team is being as good with a football as Phil Foden, we're going to be forfeiting matches for not fielding a full team

The bar is hugher than that for players who want to be one of the best paid in the team.

The bar for Sterling should be as high as anyone in the squad, thats why he gets so much criticism. His level has been no where near where he should be nevermind what is acceptable.

Mate, if your bar for getting in City's team is being as good with a football as Phil Foden, we're going to be forfeiting matches for not fielding a full team
I don't understand that you don't see his flaws except short burst sprints.
Its called football for a reason, so surely you should be able to carry the ball with you, fast or not.
My bar isn't Phil Foden with a ball is it, or i'd argue Kevin.
But if you are saying 10 players in Peps footballing team have to be good with the ball, then there is an allowance for one who isn't cos he can sprint 10-20 yrds at bursts then thats fine and we should keep him at all costs.

Listen he had a decent game tonight but i don't think he will be playing vs Chelsea saturday just for the reasons iv stated.

The bar is hugher than that for players who want to be one of the best paid in the team.

The bar for Sterling should be as high as anyone in the squad, thats why he gets so much criticism. His level has been no where near where he should be nevermind what is acceptable.

Sterling will never be "as good with a football" as Foden, was my point. Which is true of almost everyone in our squad. I'd argue only Mahrez and De Bruyne are on Foden's technical level, maybe Bernardo.

I'd be a little concerned about him playing at Anfield with a full crowd when his confidence appears to be low, personally
I get that. I don't see him starting against. Chelsea. Maybe PSG though. Sluggish team overall and Hakimi at RWB is a lot like TAA and gash defensively. He will play at some point with 3 games every 3 days.

I don't understand that you don't see his flaws except short burst sprints.
Its called football for a reason, so surely you should be able to carry the ball with you, fast or not.
My bar isn't Phil Foden with a ball is it, or i'd argue Kevin.
But if you are saying 10 players in Peps footballing team have to be good with the ball, then there is an allowance for one who isn't cos he can sprint 10-20 yrds at bursts then thats fine and we should keep him at all costs.

Listen he had a decent game tonight but i don't think he will be playing vs Chelsea saturday just for the reasons iv stated.

I am keenly aware of Raheem Sterling's flaws, I've watched the lad play hundreds of times. He has probably the most unbalanced skillset of any elite player I can think of.

But his movement is better than anyone at the club, arguably as good as anyone in the world. We don't have anyone else who can do what he does, which is why Pep felt compelled to play him in the Champions League Final.

He is frustrating, inconsistent, honestly genuinely bewildering at times. And on current form in big games, he doesn't deserve to be starting. But I do think he's worth persevering with and I really hope he comes good, because when he's on song he gives us something that no one else does

Grealish gets the start on the left over him against Chelsea and PSG.. I'd give Raz his next start against Liverpool though. He seems to do well against TAA. A lot of games in a short amount of time so we will rotate quite a bit but that's how I'd play it.
Wouldn’t have him anywhere near the Liverpool game, he ever had a decent or even ok game against them with the crowd?

Nice curler hitting the woodwork, perfect cut-back for Mahrez. Good to see him enjoy the match and the goals with his mates, that will do him well.

I have decided to expect not too much from him as long as he works off his socks. It's what we say in Germany and I'm sure it's similar anywhere else:
in tough times when many things go wrong you have to get back to playing nice football via hard work first and full desire. He should go that route.
Even if he doesn't start, covering workload for Foden and Grealish is key next 3 games.

It even feels like Sterling hatred is becoming a form of spam.

How often is 1 single player given the villain treatment at any club, such treatment I usually see reserved for a failing manager or chairman.

Last edited:
Wasn't bad tonight. Rather unlucky not to score (hitting the post and having one disallowed for offside) and bagged an assist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.