#21 | Ferran Torres - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's had better games.

Still prefer him at striker over anyone else. You can see he has a knack for finding spaces.

He needs to find a killer instinct/“desire”. Just seems to go through the motions without drive.

He scored though, which is what all good strikers do even if they don’t play well.

He needs to find a killer instinct/“desire”. Just seems to go through the motions without drive.

He scored though, which is what all good strikers do even if they don’t play well.

He did,which is indeed a good sign.....but he should have had 2 or 3 more though,and that's why i don't see him being the answer to our 9 problem.He is still a kid though,so consistency will inevitably be a factor,and subsequently my thinking may well be (hopefully) very premature.

Torres now has 2 or 3 academy kids breathing down his neck,to add to his competition,it will be interesting to see his response.

He did,which is indeed a good sign.....but he should have had 2 or 3 more though,and that's why i don't see him being the answer to our 9 problem.He is still a kid though,so consistency will inevitably be a factor,and subsequently my thinking may well be (hopefully) very premature.

Torres now has 2 or 3 academy kids breathing down his neck,to add to his competition,it will be interesting to see his response.
He’s got a bit of an aloof character, similar to Aguero at the same age. It’ll be interesting to see if his career goes the same way. He’s got the talent. Does he have the hunger?

Largely anonymous, despite the goal. He needs to learn how to move when you run out of space in behind the defence, if he is to continue as a no.9.

Largely anonymous, despite the goal. He needs to learn how to move when you run out of space in behind the defence, if he is to continue as a no.9.
He found spaces for shots all game, did you not see?

Could have had 3 goals any other day.

I think people are a little confused on what a 9 can do:

1) Play false 9, more involved in build up, but can't get on the end of shots as much

2) Play as a traditional 9 up top, but less involved in build up

Pep wants Ferran to be more like 2) as we have others who can be a false 9.

He found spaces for shots all game, did you not see?

Could have had 3 goals any other day.

I think people are a little confused on what a 9 can do:

1) Play false 9, more involved in build up, but can't get on the end of shots as much

2) Play as a traditional 9 up top, but less involved in build up

Pep wants Ferran to be more like 2) as we have others who can be a false 9.

That's fine, but in that case he needs to do better with very presentable chances such as the header and the one he tamely rolled to the goalkeeper. And I'm not saying he needs to score every chance that comes his way as that's obviously ridiculous, but he needs to attack chances like that with more conviction and make the goalkeeper work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.