Should Class A drugs be legalised in UK

Just to be clear I’m only talking about cocaine when saying it should be legal.
Fair enough. But I'm talking about all class A drugs, so I'm lumping coke in there too.

I don't really care about cocaine use on its own. That stuff is mild compared to some of the other stuff.

Absolutely not with Class A drugs.

Stuff like weed, yeah whatever. I'd love for it to be legalised. Even some Class B stuff too, whatever.

But Class A drugs can so easily be misused. So, so easily. You just can't trust the general public to be safe with this stuff. Especially here in the UK. People can't even be trusted to drink responsibly. Introducing heavy-duty stimulants, opiates, psychedelics, cocaine etc to the general public is not going to go well. People are going to abuse that shit. People are going to go out in public on that shit. People are going to try and drive on that shit. People are going to combine their drug use into a death cocktail (especially with good old booze involved in the decision making process)

Yeah it's possible to be safe and responsible on these drugs. Easily in fact if you know what you're doing. But you can't trust people to do that on a large scale, and that's why I can't support the stronger stuff being made more readily available.

It's not too difficult to get hold of Class A stuff these days but it still requires some effort and knowhow to some extent, which restricts the potential for irresponsible use to a very small number compared to what it could be.

Crime wouldn't go down massively with drug control. Gangs would just move on to something else.

This is why I think they should be free on NHS. so that the help can be targeted to those really in need and things can be controlled correctly. It also removes the need for these users to mug people for there next fix.

This is why I think they should be free on NHS. so that the help can be targeted to those really in need and things can be controlled correctly. It also removes the need for these users to mug people for there next fix.
Spot on

I've laid out my reasons why I think some should be legal and I'm speaking from a position where I know exactly how the business works.
I've no axe to grind with you but I don't give two shits how the business works and, I'm speaking from a position of seeing the grief an innocent family suffered as a result of druggies.

I've no axe to grind with you but I don't give two shits how the business works and, I'm speaking from a position of seeing the grief an innocent family suffered as a result of druggies.
Innocent families suffer for all sorts of different reasons be it alcohol abuse or drug abuse etc.
The point is if these things are happening anyway then surely it's time to look at different approaches to the problem and its plain that how the government choose to deal with things as they are aren't working great.
Regulate, control and maximise incomes to be put back into the country seems like a safer bet than all out gang warfare in all major cities with gangs causing mayhem and distress.

It'll happen eventually anyway. I've no doubts about that. It'll be a more free thinking generation who finally take the plunge so it might be a while but it will.

No
Nobody is suggesting we start selling coke and heroin at Tesco’s. Put it another way if they made alcohol illegal tomorrow would you stop drinking? Or you were in such a bad place you thought I need heroin. Would you say best not it’s illegal but if they legalise it I’ll start injecting on a Monday morning just before work.

It’s fucking absurd what’s currently going on.

Innocent families suffer for all sorts of different reasons be it alcohol abuse or drug abuse etc.
The point is if these things are happening anyway then surely it's time to look at different approaches to the problem and its plain that how the government choose to deal with things as they are aren't working great.
Regulate, control and maximise incomes to be put back into the country seems like a safer bet than all out gang warfare in all major cities with gangs causing mayhem and distress.

It'll happen eventually anyway. I've no doubts about that. It'll be a more free thinking generation who finally take the plunge so it might be a while but it will.
I simply hope it never happens. Legalising substances that cause nothing but grief isn't going to make us a safer place.

I simply hope it never happens. Legalising substances that cause nothing but grief isn't going to make us a safer place.
I don't believe cocaine causes nothing but grief so I suppose we're coming from two completely different positions.
Anyway, I'm not here to convince anybody, just to offer my viewpoint as are you so no biggie.

No

Nobody is suggesting we start selling coke and heroin at Tesco’s. Put it another way if they made alcohol illegal tomorrow would you stop drinking? Or you were in such a bad place you thought I need heroin. Would you say best not it’s illegal but if they legalise it I’ll start injecting on a Monday morning just before work.

It’s fucking absurd what’s currently going on.
I used to be a heavy smoker and drinker. I stopped smoking nearly forty years ago because of the harm I was causing my family, both health wise and also by depriving the Mrs of money so I could fund it.

I drink very rarely these days, but it wouldn't bother me one iota if alcohol never passed my lips again

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.