#21 | Ferran Torres - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's fine, but in that case he needs to do better with very presentable chances such as the header and the one he tamely rolled to the goalkeeper. And I'm not saying he needs to score every chance that comes his way as that's obviously ridiculous, but he needs to attack chances like that with more conviction and make the goalkeeper work
Yes I agree.

I didn't say he had a perfect game by any stretch, should have bagged atleast 2 goals.

But we know in general he is quite lethal, and atleast he finds the spaces as a 9 would.

Yes I agree.

I didn't say he had a perfect game by any stretch, should have bagged atleast 2 goals.

But we know in general he is quite lethal, and atleast he finds the spaces as a 9 would.

I do feel bad for the lad because he's had two perfectly good goals ruled out. If those had counted he'd be on a very respectable 5 in all comps so far

He’s got a bit of an aloof character, similar to Aguero at the same age. It’ll be interesting to see if his career goes the same way. He’s got the talent. Does he have the hunger?
Yes he still seems a little shy almost. We know he has the tools but he doesnt seem to have that much confidence in himself. Just seems like something is missing but he's young and hopefully he matures a it clicks, cos if it does he has the ability to be deadly

He did,which is indeed a good sign.....but he should have had 2 or 3 more though,and that's why i don't see him being the answer to our 9 problem.He is still a kid though,so consistency will inevitably be a factor,and subsequently my thinking may well be (hopefully) very premature.

Torres now has 2 or 3 academy kids breathing down his neck,to add to his competition,it will be interesting to see his response.
I get the impression he is in awe playing with the players we have. Once he overcomes that, I think he will thrive.

It's like when you are coaching kids and you want one or two to be more aggressive but how can you change their nature without blatantly telling them to be thugs. :-)

I think he's great but I thin he needs to be a little more of a dick.

dunno when delap will finally be fit for first team play, and I certainly don't want to throw him out into the deep end of liverpool, chelsea and PSG straight out the gate, but fuck me if this isn't the perfect opportunity to let the kid show what he's got.

dunno when delap will finally be fit for first team play, and I certainly don't want to throw him out into the deep end of liverpool, chelsea and PSG straight out the gate, but fuck me if this isn't the perfect opportunity to let the kid show what he's got.

It's just the obvious solution screaming at us in the face. I'd say right now isn't the answer, as he's only just coming back from injury, but when he's fully up to speed again, drop him in.

I personally don't think Torres is being the difference maker at the moment (despite not doing a bad job as a fill in), so I don't think we lose anything by not having him leading the line. Give Delap a few games and see how fares, if he doesn't have an impact fair enough, but we won't know until he's given a chance.

The pressure won't phase him - he smashed one in top bins on his debut. The most natural goalscorer at the club currently and it's mental if we don't give him a shot this side of Christmas.

Last edited:
It's just the obviously solution screaming at us in the face. I'd say right now isn't the answer, as he's only just coming back from injury, but when he's fully up to speed again, drop him in.

I personally don't think Torres is being the difference maker at the moment (despite not doing a bad job as a fill in), so I don't think we lose anything by not having him leading the line. Give Delap a few games and see how fares.

The pressure won't phase him - he smashed one in top bins on his debut. The most natural goalscorer at the club currently and it's mental if we don't give him a shot this side of Christmas.
I totally agree with not yet, let's pass the liverpool psg and chelsea games. but afterwards yeah if we're not gonna have a striker i'd honestly just prefer to see delap there. don't even treat it as something special, if he doesn't preform, torres can come back. like every other position

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.