Wycombe (H) - EFL Cup R3 | Post-Match Thread

No idea where you come from but I have never read such a stupid and ill-informed post from a so-called City fan. Jack Grealish has been our best and most creative player in almost every game he starts. If Pep had decided to risk him against mighty Wycombe, we would have most likely scored ten at least. Foden is definitely not a winger.
By the end of the season, the stat will prove one of us wrong. Both foden and grealish are city players.

City are better team without grealish.
the tempo, the intensity, the passes
We have to play our strength (Foden and mahrez as wingers, KDB and gundagon in the midfield, jesus as the steriker)
Oh come on, there's no need to bring any other players into it when all you really want to say is that you LOVE Mahrez. ;)

Who is it for than?
People who understand the sport and don't think a fellow countryman is the bees knees just because, well, they're a fellow countryman.
Grealish has been brilliant since his arrival, to not acknowledge that fact says you've an ulterior motive so Tara for now.

We might have no choice, because we cannot allow Fern to have a Toure coast, or we will end up winning nowt this season.

I'd play Phil at the base of the midfield if it came to it. He can do it. Energy, technique, tackles.

I've posted a few times in the past - slightly tongue-in-cheek - wait until Pep converts Phil to a DM.

Now Pep might be more likely to use Foden in a false nine kind of role but I believe him to be such a good player that he could do both roles, and others, over the course of the season. He could still contribute attacking wise and creatively from a holding role; especially in games where Pep essentially plays a back three and one of the full backs moves into midfield.

Probably not what Pep really wants but Phil could do some damage to opponents stepping forward with the ball and running the ball through lines rather than just passing. If he moves forward at times, someone else has to fill the hole and our full backs or Gundo, Bernie and Kev have the smarts to do that, should Pep be prepared to use more positional rotation.

I've posted a few times in the past - slightly tongue-in-cheek - wait until Pep converts Phil to a DM.

Now Pep might be more likely to use Foden in a false nine kind of role but I believe him to be such a good player that he could do both roles, and others, over the course of the season. He could still contribute attacking wise and creatively from a holding role; especially in games where Pep essentially plays a back three and one of the full backs moves into midfield.

Probably not what Pep really wants but Phil could do some damage to opponents stepping forward with the ball and running the ball through lines rather than just passing. If he moves forward at times, someone else has to fill the hole and our full backs or Gundo, Bernie and Kev have the smarts to do that, should Pep be prepared to use more positional rotation.
I think the time is right now for Foden to replace Gundo in our best team as left sided central attacking midfielder, with Kev on the other side and Grealish wide left and Jesus wide right.

just watched the Pep post match on the city site, that's the most passionate/animated I've seen him this season. good watch

One of the most remarkable – if not the most remarkable - post match press conference I've seen him do in the years he's been here.
No pissed-off look. No feeling of "Oh shit, I've got to go through this because it's part of my job description”. Just pure, unadulterated joy and enthusiasm for what he does – over and over, he says, this is why I'm a manager – and especially seeing the youngsters come through.
Everybody should watch that if they want to see what makes this man really tick. It doesn't matter that it's not a very important match against, let's face it, not very elevated opposition. I've rarely seen Pep so candid, so unguarded.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.