Wycombe (H) - EFL Cup R3 | Post-Match Thread

One of the most remarkable – if not the most remarkable - post match press conference I've seen him do in the years he's been here.
No pissed-off look. No feeling of "Oh shit, I've got to go through this because it's part of my job description”. Just pure, unadulterated joy and enthusiasm for what he does – over and over, he says, this is why I'm a manager – and especially seeing the youngsters come through.
Everybody should watch that if they want to see what makes this man really tick. It doesn't matter that it's not a very important match against, let's face it, not very elevated opposition. I've rarely seen Pep so candid, so unguarded.
Totally agree... I sent a text to all my blue mates on a whatsapp group saying you've got to watch Peps post match press conference on the official website... its brilliant

The kid is phenomenal. He's pushing into spaces he needs to be, he's anticipating, he's playing forward balls into the penalty area.

The position he plays is supposed to be all about experience but he's breaking up the play like a veteran.

I'm convinced he will be ahead of Rodri very soon in the pecking order, certainly as he continues to fill out.
He was brilliant but it was Wycombe. Let’s hope we see some cameos in the premier league or against better teams in the carabao.

Noticed this myself. The back two rarely came forward to contest the high ball and tended to wait for the ball to 'drop' before making a move. This goes against the 'don't let it bounce' mantra that's been part of defensive coaching for decades and was initially quite worrying to see. It worked well last night but i'm not sure i'd like to see that 'tactic' employed against a top class front line.
I think they realised early on that they could not compete physically. Therefore found another way. Physicality will come as they mature.

One of the most remarkable – if not the most remarkable - post match press conference I've seen him do in the years he's been here.
No pissed-off look. No feeling of "Oh shit, I've got to go through this because it's part of my job description”. Just pure, unadulterated joy and enthusiasm for what he does – over and over, he says, this is why I'm a manager – and especially seeing the youngsters come through.
Everybody should watch that if they want to see what makes this man really tick. It doesn't matter that it's not a very important match against, let's face it, not very elevated opposition. I've rarely seen Pep so candid, so unguarded.

It's one to watch for people that complain when he doesn't select kids to play.

A nice, if not particularly important, side note to last night's performance is that all four of the defenders that started the game, are English, as are Palmer and McAtee.

It was really pleasing to see so much young English talent on display.

Theres always one you bugger. I started at the first page as after the game I had things to do ;-) This little gem I was going to pass on today but hey fucking ho, Mr Vienna 70 is here first with his font of bastard Knowledge ! Spotted mate :-)
Must say to play the 5 together was masterstroke as they all had trust in each other and played together as seen in Palmers goal celebration.

Theres always one you bugger. I started at the first page as after the game I had things to do ;-) This little gem I was going to pass on today but hey fucking ho, Mr Vienna 70 is here first with his font of bastard Knowledge ! Spotted mate :-)
Must say to play the 5 together was masterstroke as they all had trust in each other and played together as seen in Palmers goal celebration.
Yeah, that was a nice moment, especially when a couple of the senior players stepped back a little and allowed the young lads who'd come through the ranks together to all get into a "team huddle" around Palmer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.