Liam Delap signs new contract until 2026

Welcome to the BENCH, just like Foden.....!!

Fantastic news, love seeing these lads doing well and getting a chance in the first eleven.

Yes, but we aren't Dortmund and can't do what Dortmund do.
There are many ways to get these kids into our team, the manager has got to want to do it though.

It is a fallacy to suggest that a team like ourselves can not find the space to develop youth players and jeopardise our chance of success.

I am sure I noticed a 16yo playing and scoring for Barcelona the other season, now been given Messi's number 10 at 18yo.

One example.

Missed his chance for his annual first team appearance last night by not being fully fit from his injury.

There are many ways to get these kids into our team, the manager has got to want to do it though.

It is a fallacy to suggest that a team like ourselves can not find the space to develop youth players and jeopardise our chance of success.

I am sure I noticed a 16yo playing and scoring for Barcelona the other season, now been given Messi's number 10 at 18yo.

One example.
Varane made his Madrid debut against us in the CL aged 18 I think.
It is about the manager’s decisions and his trust. Pep had a reputation at Barca for trusting youth but his time at Bayern and City suggests that was possibly a fallacy based more on a political/cultural or even economic imperative to promote La Masia, rather than a true belief or policy. Only Pep himself truly knows.
Make no mistake, City's current academy players are potentially a golden age. We may not see a group this talented for 20 years or more. They’ve won everything in front of them, breaking all previous records.
The depth is frightening. Luke Mbete plays like he did on Tuesday night yet he’s probably behind Calum Doyle, a year younger, who is already tearing up League One and dominating huge, streetwise veteran centre forwards at 17. THB at 19 being favourably compared in Belgium to Vinny. Finley Burns, 18, was hugely smart and intelligent enough to drop off Akinfenwa knowing he'd nearly always win the first header but would then struggle to control the ball afterwards.
Lavia, Palmer, McAtee having exactly the sort of games I hoped they would. CJ and especially Josh at full backs visibly growing in confidence and stature with each passing minute. Absolutely loved it.
It would be criminal if four or five of these lads aren’t squad members five years from now and saving us a fortune on underwhelming yet hugely expensive squad players like Mendy, Ake etc

Varane made his Madrid debut against us in the CL aged 18 I think.
It is about the manager’s decisions and his trust. Pep had a reputation at Barca for trusting youth but his time at Bayern and City suggests that was possibly a fallacy based more on a political/cultural or even economic imperative to promote La Masia, rather than a true belief or policy. Only Pep himself truly knows.
Make no mistake, City's current academy players are potentially a golden age. We may not see a group this talented for 20 years or more. They’ve won everything in front of them, breaking all previous records.
The depth is frightening. Luke Mbete plays like he did on Tuesday night yet he’s probably behind Calum Doyle, a year younger, who is already tearing up League One and dominating huge, streetwise veteran centre forwards at 17. THB at 19 being favourably compared in Belgium to Vinny. Finley Burns, 18, was hugely smart and intelligent enough to drop off Akinfenwa knowing he'd nearly always win the first header but would then struggle to control the ball afterwards.
Lavia, Palmer, McAtee having exactly the sort of games I hoped they would. CJ and especially Josh at full backs visibly growing in confidence and stature with each passing minute. Absolutely loved it.
It would be criminal if four or five of these lads aren’t squad members five years from now and saving us a fortune on underwhelming yet hugely expensive squad players like Mendy, Ake etc
All goes back to having 2 of them on the bench in every game, with 9 subs 7 regular first team players can cover all the options and a couple of lads there who can get proper game experience when let's be honest 75% of our games are over after 60 mins so EVEN if they did fuck something up it wouldn't matter.

Sadly I can't see that happening we'll continue to have 3/4 experienced AM's on there when 2 would do, and 2 CH's when 1 would do...there are the 2 spots right there.

the lad needs to be playing when fully fit or pep has to have him on the bench for every game
if delap is going to make his mark then only playing and scoring then the pressure to leave him out if he does score will we see if he going to make the grade at this level

if we did not have another game the other night then city would have had 7 plus foden from the youth playing
and when we the last time you could say that ? but what filled be with hope was the quality of the young lads that played. the left back was outstanding and should be given a place on the bench for the first team squad

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.