Energy companies and direct debits

Fixed for 2 years in April with Octopus. It just made sense considering the uncertainty of the previous year.
Du Bois you've swum the channel and are covered in seaweed. A brilliant pincer move and I slap myself thrice over for my shoddy attention to detail!

I could have done this in August after Ofcom were sniffing Avro out but instead took my eye off the ball and now the chicken's come home to roast : /

Last edited:
I wonder who stands on for the credit balances then ..the government or is their a fund similar to what the motor insurance trade utilises that kicks if an uninsured drivers hits you ?

Anyone thinking of switching to Octopus which has been recommended several times on here. Monthly payments, easy return of credit, if you use this link you and I will both get £50 credited to our accounts.

share.octopus.energy/jade-sheep-120

every little bit helps!

Anyone thinking of switching to Octopus which has been recommended several times on here. Monthly payments, easy return of credit, if you use this link you and I will both get £50 credited to our accounts.

share.octopus.energy/jade-sheep-120

every little bit helps!
How safe is Octopus in this climate ?

We did up until 2-3 years ago.
I think our storage capacity or lack of goes' back a lot further than that, more to not long after gas started to come ashore from the North sea as we always had a plentiful supply. Our short sight looks like it's coming back to bite us on the arse like a Great White. Oh well back to fracking whats the odd earthquake had or there.:-)

I think our storage capacity or lack of goes' back a lot further than that, more to not long after gas started to come ashore from the North sea as we always had a plentiful supply. Our short sight looks like it's coming back to bite us on the arse like a Great White. Oh well back to fracking whats the odd earthquake had or there.:-)
Yep, we were next exporters of Natural Gas until the mid 2000s. The problem with the Rough storage facility being decommissioned in 2017 was the sheer size of it, the majority of our storage capacity went with that one site being closed down.

Yep, we were next exporters of Natural Gas until the mid 2000s. The problem with the Rough storage facility being decommissioned in 2017 was the sheer size of it, the majority of our storage capacity went with that one site being closed down.
Given our dependence on gas maybe supplying half of Europe wasn't our best idea, the best place to store it was in the ground. Let down by the grab it now and balls to the future crowd and not for the first time.

Getting a fixed deal, there is no best option he said , 60% more to fix at least, he is on itv at 20.30 tonite for anyone interested to hear more
I didn't watch it but I find that strange given they expect another big rise next April. I'll have a look online for the interview.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.