Chelsea (A) - Sat 25 Sep 12:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No gundogan is a huge miss. The biggest loss of all the injury concerns in my eyes. Since silvas departure he's the only player in our squad that controls games and dictates the tempo.

With that news, Fernandinho Bernardo kdb in midfield with a front 3 of Grealish foden and Jesus for me.

They usually outnumber us in midfield. If it happens tomorrow they will win unfortunately.
not really their success against us mostly due to them preventing us connecting with our forwards and launching a counter. we usually have territorial advantage but they prevent us from turning that into attacking moves and forces us to keep the ball in midfield from side to side.

It'll be interesting to see who plays the Gundogan role. Bernardo I suppose is the obvious choice due to ball retention, but Foden is another option who offers a huge direct attacking threat. Grealish was speculated to be that guy but that may be a thing we see once he's more familiar and adapted to things.

I reckon we'll see a false 9 lineup, and I suspect it'll be one of Bernardo or Foden there. I do think we may need to be prepared for the possibility that some players are rested with PSG and Liverpool in mind, although I doubt it'll be the case that that happens. Foden in particular may be rested.

The team I think Pep will pick:

Ederson
Walker
Dias
Whoever's fitter out of Laporte and Stones, or Aké if neither
Cancelo
Rodri
De Bruyne
Foden
Grealish
Bernardo
Mahrez

He might decide Foden isn't quite physically ready for Chelsea with both PSG and Liverpool coming up, in which case I'd guess Bernardo further back and Jesus up top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.