The idiocy (and selfishness) of panic buying

My small business is fucked if we run out of fuel, biggest expense is diesel, around £15k last year, going to be more this financial year and this could really hike up prices. Fuel providers are not slow to miss an opportunity, probably stock prices then wack up the price at the pump.

60 minutes wait for petrol at the Arnison centre in Durham City. Whilst I was sat on my bus, waiting for the q to move I watched 2 cars fill up & then leave to join the q for McDonalds which was even longer!!!

Also, a few days ago 1 of my friends wife advised me "we still have toilet rolls left in the shed from the 1st lockdown"

We picked up a hire car this evening for a long journey in the morning We got an upgrade to an Audi Q7 3l v6, fantastic I thought. I was hoping it came with a full tank but no, 40 miles range! So I had no option but to join one of the queues. Queued over half an hour to see a note on the pump, £30 max. Well that would barely get this gas guzzling tank half way there so I tried my luck but the bastards cut me off after £40 odd. So we have no option but join another queue half way through the journey tomorrow and make the problem even worse.

Single biggest factor for the lack of HGV drivers is retirement. 30 years ago they’d be people wanting to become an HGV driver, instead people want to be an ‘influencer’, be on a reality show or go to university to take Surf Studies or degrees in Coronation Street.
GCSE "Rashford studies" is going to be equally useful in years to come....

My small business is fucked if we run out of fuel, biggest expense is diesel, around £15k last year, going to be more this financial year and this could really hike up prices. Fuel providers are not slow to miss an opportunity, probably stock prices then wack up the price at the pump.
Similar to us, that said we ordered 1000 litres of Red yesterday and it was delivered this morning,filled car Wednesday night owing to down to 37 miles range. Couldn't believe the halfwits queueing today talk about flappers.

60 minutes wait for petrol at the Arnison centre in Durham City. Whilst I was sat on my bus, waiting for the q to move I watched 2 cars fill up & then leave to join the q for McDonalds which was even longer!!!

Also, a few days ago 1 of my friends wife advised me "we still have toilet rolls left in the shed from the 1st lockdown"

finger the woman with a cactus

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.