Chelsea (A) | Post-Match Thread

What a team we are! I should of known better than to doubt this side getting a win today.
Every man today was exceptional!

Ederson is absolutely unbelievable, Grealish, Gabby, Cancelo, Laporte, Ruben ect
But big shout out to the best midfielder on the planet AGAIN...Bernardo Silva what a fucking display. To think some fans wanted him out for Harry Kane.

CITY CITY CITY

Huge win that!

Didnt see the first half but we dominated the second until they went a bit gung-ho ......we cold/should have had more....Jesus missed one, Grealish another but the way we pressed them today I havent seen since Peps first season and it was fantastic to see from the front 5 ...Bernardo Silva ran his ass off and even after 90 mins was down in the left back position clearing up....such a skillful hardworking player.

For me that is our strongest 11 at present. You could argue over the left back and never come up with a definitive answer but Cancello had a fantastic game from what I saw of the second half...

Im so glad we ddint get kane this summer..that press would not have worked with him and Chelsea would have been more in the game ....you can also say the same of Lukaku....he will score goals but he cant press and that performance today by him was very reminiscent of his performances for the rags against us.

Not many (if any) will go to Chelsea this season and get points....they are a very soild team who are hard to break down.

The one noteable bit that we need to improve (and will) is fitness.....we looked dead on our feet after 80mins...that will come however....and the likes f KDB, Foden will get match fit over the next few weeks.

Great weekend with the rags losing in the last couple of mins and penandes missing one from the spot (after he took it off Ronaldo supposedly)

Every single player in the team today was excellent. MOM for me was Rodri who was imperious - does so much work and pressed their midfield three deeper plus played a lot of forward balls at exactly the right time - Bernardo no words to say about his pressing.

Unlucky not to score three, hats off to their keeper two world class saves. Love the team spirit of this bunch and now we have Jack, Kev and Phil back it's looking great.

Let's be honest Chelsea were made to look average - Happy weekend blues it feels f****** fantastic to beat them.

All those missed chances added to the excitement. Think I preferred it that way actually rather than the comfortable 5-0 it could have been...

Brilliant performance, not even Oliver being himself could help them, note the cheat played almost 6 mins from the 4 added on.
Only worry was again our lack of finishing and killing the game off

That was a performance to make fans proud. Back to front, we were solid, workmanlike, and creative, against a team who just wanted to play hit and hope football and close down all the channels. Rodri and Bernardo were outstanding, as were Dias, Walker, and Cancelo. Just a great day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.