20 | Bernardo Silva - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everytime you think the guy is done at the club he shuts everyone up and makes us look silly for doubting him.

That was some performance from Bernardo. Just love his energy, passion and no little skill. Thank god we didn't sell him.

Bernardo at his best, a man possessed, he should play in every big game. Keeps the ball as well as anyone and works harder than anyone (including Kante).

Shades of his Liverpool at home performance a couple of seasons ago.

Noticed him beating the ground after the win too, he just loves football.

He looked like a man possessed today. Absolutely everywhere and put in an incredible defensive shift. I counted atleast 5/6 very dangerous clearances and his driving forwards and retaining the ball was nothing short of outstanding.

Very impressed with Bernardo and I'm so happy we didn't let him go - especially when it looked like we would be selling for a silly low fee at one point.

Getting him away from the wings and taking up David Silvas role in the centre of the park, absorbing bodies towards him and creating spaces is exactly where he should be in my opinion.

Easy MOTM for me.

A bit like I said with Rodri, I don't actually think Bernardo played at a particularly elevated level today.

Not as in I didn't think he was very good, but more I've seen a lot of performances this good from the guy over the last 12 months or so.

Either way, top tier game from the lad.

A bit like I said with Rodri, I don't actually think Bernardo played at a particularly elevated level today.

Not as in I didn't think he was very good, but more I've seen a lot of performances this good from the guy over the last 12 months or so.

Either way, top tier game from the lad.
True.

Neither played "above their standards".

Pep just set them up so that they could play up to their high quality, and they dominated the middle of the pitch as a result.

He looked like a man possessed today. Absolutely everywhere and put in an incredible defensive shift. I counted atleast 5/6 very dangerous clearances and his driving forwards and retaining the ball was nothing short of outstanding.

Very impressed with Bernardo and I'm so happy we didn't let him go - especially when it looked like we would be selling for a silly low fee at one point.

Getting him away from the wings and taking up David Silvas role in the centre of the park, absorbing bodies towards him and creating spaces is exactly where he should be in my opinion.

Easy MOTM for me.
I don't think he's like David Silva at all. He's relentless and has ton of energy. Much more than David, but David has more creativity and offensive output in a toe than Bernardo in his entire body.

I am sometimes too harsh on him due to his lack of offensive output, but today his energy was vital to keep pressing them, and when the pressing failed he ran like a madman to be an extra defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.