Who will be our main rivals this season?

I am really surprised by Chelsea, I really thought they would give us a tough game today! We were heads and shoulders above them!!! I really seeing them struggle a bit after this loss!

Man United losing from Aston Villa will also make them bottle it here and there.

That would leave Liverpool who are working with a thin line of making sure none of their main players get injured otherwise they will also falter!

I am wondering who really is our title challengers this year? Too early to say now but lets see how things pan out.
I still say Chelsea.

I was sure it would be Chelsea. Let’s not write them off yet. Brilliant to get the win but if I’m honest, until we scored I could see it going the same way as last season even with our superiority.
Today we turned up and that is what we didn’t do in all three games last season.

I'm curious about Chelsea and Liverpool.

I think irrespective of today's showing, Chelsea are the highest quality team of the other 19. But, I don't think they've got the ability to get it done over a full season, at least not to the level that's likely required with the competition. They showed last season they have it in them to drop off when they need results. Right now they seem like a better version of Mourinho's Tottenham (from this stage last season).

Liverpool are potentially more worrying. I don't think they're as good as Chelsea, but I do think they're more likely to be consistent over a season barring another injury crisis. I think they're better at winning games they should win and can build up a streak. Like United they're good at getting jammy wins too.

United will always be too inconsistent. They've got enough player quality to get results but too often they play poorly. If we're competing with United it's because we're having an awful season, which I don't think will happen. The best we can hope for with United is that this season they save their good performances this season for Liverpool and Chelsea instead of us.

Im not seeing anything to be frightened of.

If we win 10 in a row at some point like on 2018, 2019 and 2021, no one is going to keep up and we will win the league with a few months to spare.

Im not seeing anything to be frightened of.

If we win 10 in a row at some point like on 2018, 2019 and 2021, no one is going to keep up and we will win the league with a few months to spare.
That, right there, is confidence!

Colour me crazy, but I can see 4 or 5 teams putting together a nice run this season.

The key thing is not dropping stupid points (Soton at home, anyone?!) and getting more than your share of the points in the Top 6 battles.

We already dropped 2 against a bottom 6 team, but have slayed that dragon with a win away against a Top 3 team!

As always, fatigue and injuries will play a part, and Utd dropping out of the Carabao already isn’t a good thing in that regard. Thankfully, we played a bunch of kids, and for the first teamers, it was a training game. Next round will be a different kettle of fish!

The Top 4 is already established, even if only on GD so far. It’s early days, but the other 3 all look capable of beating us, and us them.

May we live in interesting times.

Last edited:
Without a doubt in my mind the main rivak will be Chelsea still. Just because we made them look garbage today doesnt mean other teams will do the same. We have the best squad in the league and best manager , thats why we reduced them to a team with no shots on target. They will win against everyone else though bar Liverpool. If we drop points again against the likes of southampton we will lose the race, even though we have a better manager and squad.

Without a doubt in my mind the main rivak will be Chelsea still. Just because we made them look garbage today doesnt mean other teams will do the same. We have the best squad in the league and best manager , thats why we reduced them to a team with no shots on target. They will win against everyone else though bar Liverpool. If we drop points again against the likes of southampton we will lose the race, even though we have a better manager and squad.

Villa made them look like shit as well, despite losing a few goals at the end they were better for long periods in the league and they should have won in the cup.

They didn't look that great against Liverpool.

Chelsea are good, they're not as good as us.

Villa made them look like shit as well, despite losing a few goals at the end they were better for long periods in the league and they should have won in the cup.

They didn't look that great against Liverpool.

Chelsea are good, they're not as good as us.
..thats exactly what I said.. that we are better than them.
My only concern is with other teams being able to stop them in case we drop other points. Would suck to be the best team in the league yet still not win.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.