Chelsea Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, I just hope with turn with a different approach, and maybe be a bit more prepared to be pressed and hounded for 90 mins, come up with a plan so we can be at least somewhat successful at playing around it. I don't think City, even at their best, are unbeatable, nobody is, but it would certainly take the very best of what we have to offer to achieve it.
I am delighted at the performance and the result. I thought last season Tuchel had found a formulae to counter our strengths and strangle us. I could see today that at our best that isn't the case. That still doesn't shake my belief that you will chase us all the way and that we will have to be consistently at our best this season to beat you for the PL. I think you have an excellent manager and squad and Mount, Kante, Mende, are all top, top players. I think the formulae Tuchel has applied whilst not easy on the eye at times gets the best from your squad and I don't think you will drop that many points to other teams. I really don't see him changing much. Today was about energy. for whatever reason, we had more than you. On another day that might switch and the result could be different.

I hope Abramovic has the sense to keep Tuchel as he is a credit to the PL.

There was an intriguing moment today in the first half when Alonso got the ball forward to Werner who had sprung the offside trap. He and Lukaku then hared up the park with Dias and Laporte in hot pursuit. The curious thing however was that by the time Werner cut the ball across the box for Lukaku, there were five City players back in defence, yet not one Chelsea player had bothered to get up in support. They were almost all sitting in their own half waiting for it to come back. Need to be braver and work harder.

I don't know, I just hope with turn with a different approach, and maybe be a bit more prepared to be pressed and hounded for 90 mins, come up with a plan so we can be at least somewhat successful at playing around it. I don't think City, even at their best, are unbeatable, nobody is, but it would certainly take the very best of what we have to offer to achieve it.
I think we have a better squad than you to be honest, even without a proper CF. But you have the 2nd best squad. If Pep uses our best team and motivates them properly you can't beat us, in my opinion. You need to invest in some creative players to match up.

They got taught a footballing lesson today, we had close to our best side out (gundogan would be in it) played our best style against strong opposition which is our high intensity pressing game and dominated them to the point it was almost cruel. We showed we are by far the best side in the country. However, they don't have to play us every week. They only have to play us once more his season.

Who else can you see in the league doing that to them? They've played Liverpool away with 10 men and handled that fine, United aren't going to dominate them they'll play even more counter attacking than what Chelsea could. Its like when we used to struggle with liverpools press in Peps early years, it wasn't a huge problem because they were the only side capable of doing it to us, and we're the only side capable of keeping chelsea that quiet and not allowing them a shot target.

Against lesser sides, they're built to be ruthlessly efficient both in defence and attack. They have a very solid foundation and have multiple ways to score goals in games. They'll do very well despite this reality check for them and I still think they'll be our biggest threat.
That Chelsea rag match is going to be horrific with both sides wanting to play 8-0-2 setups

I am delighted at the performance and the result. I thought last season Tuchel had found a formulae to counter our strengths and strangle us. I could see today that at our best that isn't the case. That still doesn't shake my belief that you will chase us all the way and that we will have to be consistently at our best this season to beat you for the PL. I think you have an excellent manager and squad and Mount, Kante, Mende, are all top, top players. I think the formulae Tuchel has applied whilst not easy on the eye at times gets the best from your squad and I don't think you will drop that many points to other teams. I really don't see him changing much. Today was about energy. for whatever reason, we had more than you. On another day that might switch and the result could be different.

I hope Abramovic has the sense to keep Tuchel as he is a credit to the PL.

I think these things ebb and flow. Tuchel can get the better of Pep sometimes. I don't think the gap between the teams is so big that the only way for us to beat City is for City have an injury crisis or Pep making tactical mistakes. Of course if both teams are at their best, you'll probably beat us 6-7 times out of 10 but things rarely work out like that.

I agree with you that the thing that makes the difference in the next game might not be the same as the things that made the difference today.

It's encouraging to me that despite being totally outclassed in every facet of the game, it was still a somewhat lucky deflection that decided the game.

But still, I have to take my hat off to City. That was as good a performance as I've seen in a long by any team.

The title will come down to who can be the most consistent at beating the other 16 teams in the league. We'll take points off each other. City, to me, will probably be that team, but if we can rattle off 6 consecutive wins while you lot have to play Liverpool and United, that would put us in a good position.

Tuchel does play a very possession heavy game. It's how we've played against nearly every team since he's been here. He was visibly frustrated today on the sidelines and in the post match interview, and I sensed that frustration was our inability to escape City's press, our inability to handle the intense pressure on the ball etc. It certainly didn't sound like the plan was to just park the bus but it ended up being that way because of how City played.
Why do we welcome opposition fans that fucking lie through their teeth on the wum? This **** has been spouting all week how attacking tuchel is and we’ve seen today he’s another fucking Maureen bus parking twat.

I think we have a better squad than you to be honest, even without a proper CF. But you have the 2nd best squad. If Pep uses our best team and motivates them properly you can't beat us, in my opinion. You need to invest in some creative players to match up.

Our creative players are either out of form or injured. Ziyech and Pulisic can't be relied on to stay fit more than a couple of weeks in a row. Havertz was sacrificed for Werner's energy but I think the biggest miss was Mount, especially when it's comes to pressing and connecting Jorginho/Kovacic with the forward line.

But of course, our squad really pales in comparison in terms of creativity when I look at your squad.

Why do we welcome opposition fans that fucking lie through their teeth on the wum? This **** has been spouting all week how attacking tuchel is and we’ve seen today he’s another fucking Maureen bus parking twat.
Its the Chelski way ,Tuchel is Mourinho-lite , the Dippers have "this means more" the Chavs have "this means bore"

That's the second time you've called me a **** today. You don't have to agree with my assessment of my own team. Just tell me what you think and we can discuss it, or you can just ignore my posts and move on. No need for the playground insults mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.