Women's Team - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Throw the 'younger players' under the bus....if that's his public stance goodness knows what he's like in training.

As others have said the players look unprepared, unfit and ponderous.
I don't think it's fair to him to say he's,"throwing them under the bus". He's just saying the team has to have a 'next women up' mentality regardless of age/experience and seize the opportunity.

I don't think she really wants to be one. I may be mistaken but I've always understood she's willing to try and likely the best of a bad lot after our regulars are out.
Just think she’s played there too often for it to be due to injuries. She played there last season and it didn’t work then either.

Just think she’s played there too often for it to be due to injuries. She played there last season and it didn’t work then either.
I agree. In my mind, she's the best left back playing in England right now. I'd go as far to say she's maybe top 5 left backs in the world.

I think she gets slotted at centre back because she often can do a job when needed. Kind of like Scotland does with Tierney on occasion. It is neither of their best positions but they are great athletes and will do what the team needs.

Greenwood is a better left back than Demi Stokes. I'd think she'd start there for us if we weren't a walking hospital ward right now.

All Taylor has to do is drop one player who has caused the majority of the goals! Kennedy what a woeful awful player she is utter garbage!

I don't think it's fair to him to say he's,"throwing them under the bus". He's just saying the team has to have a 'next women up' mentality regardless of age/experience and seize the opportunity.

Yeah, he's basically saying to the younger players 'now's your time to force your way into the team, so step up and show me what you have'.

It's not difficult to work out without seeing the worst from a comment.

All Taylor has to do is drop one player who has caused the majority of the goals! Kennedy what a woeful awful player she is utter garbage!
Think that’s a bit harsh. As already stated, she’s a midfielder and a pretty solid one when playing for Australia. Also done a good job in the NWSL and when at Spurs. I think on reflection Dahlkemper vanishing when she had a two year deal has left us in a mess, especially as she was the only remaining CB. The club should’ve acted to get a replacement but did nothing.

Think that’s a bit harsh. As already stated, she’s a midfielder and a pretty solid one when playing for Australia. Also done a good job in the NWSL and when at Spurs. I think on reflection Dahlkemper vanishing when she had a two year deal has left us in a mess, especially as she was the only remaining CB. The club should’ve acted to get a replacement but did nothing.
Kennedy is actually listed on the players list under defenders on the OS but I agree. In reality we only have 1 out-and-out centre half in Houghton since Dahlkemper left unless you count Morgan who has predominantly played as full back for us. 3 others can cover the position (the already mentioned Morgan, Greenwood & Kennedy) but that's criminal by the recruitment team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.