Melbourne City FC Thread

What a hatchet job.

Welcome to the imaginary world of sports washing

I reckon 99.99% of Australians couldn't point to Abu Dhabi on a map and that nearly that percentage had no idea MC is part of the CFG
Owning Melbourne City has hardly raised AD's profile in Australia

Welcome to the imaginary world of sports washing

I reckon 99.99% of Australians couldn't point to Abu Dhabi on a map and that nearly that percentage had no idea MC is part of the CFG
Owning Melbourne City has hardly raised AD's profile in Australia

Surprising that they’ve never considered the Etihad Stadium in Melbourne, Emirates sponsored teams across all codes & especially the Melbourne cup & it’s relationship with Sheik Mohammed……no little City & the even littler City in the even littlest followed sport in the AFL mad city of Melbourne.

Just watched the documentary, not sure why or who it’s aimed at but most Aussies have seen it as an attack on the round ball.

Nick Harris said nobody had heard of Sheik Mansour or Abu Dhabi before he bought City but he did it for sports washing reasons lol.

Theh interviewed a fan who said it was difficult when takeover occurred as they lost their heritage & colours, what they failed to say was Heart was 3 years old at the time ;)

Last edited:
From the early days watching on TV City v Victory was commentated on the same as City v rags over here.

From what I've read/seen CFG is welcomed everywhere by fans of the club and certainly not actively attacked apart from here in the UK and Australia by the media. I don't count NYC as that's perhaps the one outlet where most of their fans hate us, almost an enemy within.

From the early days watching on TV City v Victory was commentated on the same as City v rags over here.

From what I've read/seen CFG is welcomed everywhere by fans of the club and certainly not actively attacked apart from here in the UK and Australia by the media. I don't count NYC as that's perhaps the one outlet where most of their fans hate us, almost an enemy within.

Oh there is still some disheartened (excuse the pun) fans, especially with the colour change. But they are a minority now, time and a championship helped there. Plus we have been city longer than we have been heart now so I think that issue is pretty much put to bed now.

I actually feared that the CFG model was going to be every club would have the same home kit, as there was a quote from Soriano I remember reading, about creating a football brand like Disney, ie the same everywhere. But it seems like they havent gone down that route, so I am happy about that. Plus they brought back the sash today which I have been wanting to happen for years.

FAbR9fhVUAY_cjK.jpg

Yep the sash will bring back alot of goodwill, I really can't work out why it has taken so long.

With the fixtures released and hopefully the general population released come early November we might just get back to some normality.

Just watched the documentary, not sure why or who it’s aimed at but most Aussies have seen it as an attack on the round ball.

Nick Harris said nobody had heard of Sheik Mansour or Abu Dhabi before he bought City but he did it for sports washing reasons lol.

Theh interviewed a fan who said it was difficult when takeover occurred as they lost their heritage & colours, what they failed to say was Heart was 3 years old at the time ;)
That was the four corners program.
Absolute load of cockeyed biased anti City crap.
I'm really surprised the ABC agreed to screen that rubbish.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.