Tommy Booth = legend

Went to a funeral of a old work mate in Middleton-Pete ( Pedro ) Fitzpatrick. The church was packed ,Pete was a proper old school Manc character, I looked across the aisle and there was Tommy Booth … Pete used to tell me he knew Boothy & Stan Bowles but never believed him . Great footballer Tommy

One of my heroes when I was young, he used to be an apprentice at Mather & Platt before signing his professional contract at City. He could easily have had a very different life.

The only time I think I saw Tommy Booth score 'live' was at that FA Cup match at Peterborough in 1981. Crammed in like sardines that day, good celebrations when we scored (probably relief ,thinking about the losses to 3rd Division Shrewsbury and 4th Division Halifax in the previous 2 seasons).
Was also lucky enough to be there as he Headed Donachie's cross back accross goal for Tuearts famous overhead kick in the 76 League Cup Final for an 'assist' (not that it was probably called that at the time)

Thanks for that - interesting. We seemed to have a few like that in those days - Keith MacRae (given his transfer fee) must have been a fairly unambitious character given he stayed in the stiffs for about 6/7 years through all his best playing days!
Tommy was from.a great Blue family and it was his boyhood club ,he played a good amount of games each season & is a totally different situation from Macrae who only played a handful of games in 6 seasons
Tommy still goes to many supported events & it is hard to meet a nicer bloke

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.