Tommy Booth = legend

We had both himself and Joe Corrigan at our Mid Cheshire Branch Meetings and they were so funny, each taking the piss out of the other, but Tommy has a very dry sense of humour.
We went to the Colin Bell lounge a couple of seasons ago and Tommy and Joe saw me and came over to our table.
Within a few moments we had various people coming over to our table asking me for my autograph.
Tommy had told people coming in that Alan Oakes was over by the windows taking autographs the bastard, as Alan Oakes is my real name.
The disappointment from true Blues when they found out I was a fake.
Kept looking over at Tommy and he kept laughing and giving a wanker sign. A great pair are Tommy & Joe.
Last time I saw them was at Glyn Pardoes funeral along with Peter Barnes and Colin Bell and Skip Book.

His first game 9th October 68 v Arsenal 1-1,first goal December same year home v Coventry.Also remember him scoring the winner home to Chelsea 72 when we we're going for the title but we fell just short at the end.

Last edited:
I have always been convinced that I went to see tommy making his debut at Huddersfield.I went on my own on the strength of the news that he was playing, coming back to tell my mates what a prospect he was .was also at Peterborough and of course Wembley.looked as if a replay was on the cards, but up stepped Tommy.great player and bloke.

I have had a few drinks with him around Heywood, Castleton and Bamford... top bloke with some very funny stories
He is president of our supporters club in Castleton, Rochdale

I have always been convinced that I went to see tommy making his debut at Huddersfield.I went on my own on the strength of the news that he was playing, coming back to tell my mates what a prospect he was .was also at Peterborough and of course Wembley.looked as if a replay was on the cards, but up stepped Tommy.great player and bloke.
Me too. Huddersfield played out of their skins that night as I recall and we just scraped through. Peterborough was a great day out. Me & my mates were talking to a couple of Posh fans outside the ground before the game & somehow ended up in the social club with them. How they got us in is still a mystery to me.

last saw tommy at one of don price's famous prestwitch and whitefield "gentlemens" mornings with a couple of lovely ladies and a comedian, happy days, do they still do them?

ITV4 12.05 Big Match revisited, Everton 1 (Brian Kidd) City 2 (Steve Daley, Tony Henry) from Dec 1979 today, I was at this game, I was 8,
it’s a miracle really, every other time we have been on we have got beat, up to now, we lost away to Palace, 2-0, Big Mals return to Selhurst after he rejoined us, Palace managed by Venables.
Home to Wolves 2-3, I was at that one as well,
And I think 4-0 away to Ipswich (Eric Gates/ Mariner/ Brasil, Thijssen /murhen/Butcher/Cooper etc, what a great team they had then under Bobby Robson)
So it will be good to see us win one for once, Everton had Kidd, Gidman and ASA Hartford playing for them. Surprised to see the crowd was clocked at only just over 26,000

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.