Running thread

Make sure you get into a good spot with your pacer/target finish time group. I was in the 3:59 group but when the three starting groups merged a few miles in we ended up behind a 4hr30 group for some reason.

I then made the wrong call and decided to run a zigzag route through them which got me to halfway bang on schedule but took its toll.

I think that was a one off as no one I know has had that happen. It's hard not to go off quick at such an event but I've seen your runs on strava and you will deliver the time you target I'm sure! Enjoy it.
Thanks for the tip mate, I dont really intend on following a pacer at london, but as you probably know yourself its easy to fall into it when your in the race. My main thing is to not go off too fast but not go out too slow!! Not asking much there!!

After london/manc Ive got this one at the end of the month, Should be a good un and something a bit different, the guys that run it are a good bunch so looking forward to it.

Or you can try having a look on run abc its pretty good for listings of races, Im like a kid in a sweet shop on there

thanks Gaz, i've been looking at travelling to edinburgh for a 10k but staying over is causing an issue

After london/manc Ive got this one at the end of the month, Should be a good un and something a bit different, the guys that run it are a good bunch so looking forward to it.

Or you can try having a look on run abc its pretty good for listings of races, Im like a kid in a sweet shop on there

All of the ones I want to do start so early in the morning.

And public transport sucks on a Sunday.

I went out when I felt able to, as with any other illness really. Found it a real struggle at first and was out of breath quite quickly but the second run I was back to normal. Everyone seems to have different experiences of covid. Some have had longer term issues which have impacted their lives more severely. I felt fine fairly quickly.

If you are feeling well enough, just go out and try a gentle run and gauge it from there.
Thanks for that reply mate. Yeah, I was aware it can be and is different according to the individual, but when you’re still only 1 week in, it’s good to read accounts like yours, where you’ve got back into the swing what sounds like quite quickly.
Im thinking of doing some walking first next week when the self iso ends, then maybe some short bike rides first before any running.

Thanks for the tip mate, I dont really intend on following a pacer at london, but as you probably know yourself its easy to fall into it when your in the race. My main thing is to not go off too fast but not go out too slow!! Not asking much there!!
Beware that it's mainly down hill within first 2-5 miles at London...

Last edited:
What do people wear when they are waiting in their wave?

Surely it must be a bit cold for hanging around for 20 mins in a running vest. Is there clothes bins located at the start, to chuck unwanted clothes in?

What do people wear when they are waiting in their wave?

Surely it must be a bit cold for hanging around for 20 mins in a running vest. Is there clothes bins located at the start, to chuck unwanted clothes in?
Yeah they recycle all the stuff they can which is left at the start. Just get old stuff you no longer use and take that off when ready. Even in the actual start pen minutes before you go there will be areas to dump clothes so you can leave it till just before you run to strip down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.