Darwin Nunez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched a couple of Benfica's games and the lad looks pretty good - sort of Radamel Falcao at his prime (when @ Atletico 2011-13)

He's defo in the mix.

Wouldn't be a fan of it personally.

He's in decent goalscoring form at the moment, but I think he would end up being another Jesus.

A talented and versatile forward that does a lot of stuff right, but is never going to be that deadly 30 goals a season striker that this team is crying out for.

He's 24 come next summer and has never scored more than 16 in a season.

Been shifted to the wing this season, like Jesus, and is faring much better out wide than he was as a striker.

My problem with it is that we have Ferran and Delap as our strikers to develop.

I'd rather go for the best if we do get a striker. Not just who is available right now.

I can wait, I have faith in Ferran and the false 9 for right now.

The trouble with your theory is it very much depends on having the best manager football has seen.

Without him and without a number of elite players(we have maybe kev, dias and laporte who i'd consider elite) our position in world football could drastically change. Thats the fear i guess.

Legit question here...when pep signed for us how many of us expected a slew of world class elite marquee signings? I know i did and thats not to say we signed bad players. Maybe its an ego thing with pep(as in he avoids them) as some have suggested. Whatever the case may be the next manager will not get the same from this squad...i'm fairly confident of that.
Yep, we need those marquis signings like Griesmann, Werner, Hazard, Coutinho, James, Dembele, F. DeJong, Jovic, Iccardi, Ozil and all the other big name, big money guys that are out there tearing it up...I wouldn't take Neymar on a free...Messi and Ronaldo not for us, not now...so who do we have to get, Haaland or Mbappe or both...I think you are very much underrating our players and maybe overrating Pep just a bit...look around during the international break and count how many City players are playing key roles on a whole bunch of top teams including Portugal, England, Spain and Brazil...the grass is actually greener on our our side of the road...

god I seriously hope not. He's been so bad for benfica last season and the one before. there's a reason why he was linked with brighton. Not impressed with his purple patch. it'd be such a mediocre signing.

I can wait, I have faith in Ferran and the false 9 for right now.
You must be the Pope

god I seriously hope not. He's been so bad for benfica last season and the one before. there's a reason why he was linked with brighton. Not impressed with his purple patch. it'd be such a mediocre signing.
While I agree with this, he’s much improved this season already. A changed, more urgent and dangerous player every time I see him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.