Electric cars

I kind of regret not getting the 330e

50 miles on Elec and a seperate full petrol tank

I think Plug in hybrids like these are the way to go at the moment

I have the Kuga plug in and it’s suberb. I get about 40 miles of electric which does me fine for most of its use, topping it up each night with electric on octopus go. Then always got the hybrid petrol engine too for longer journeys. Even without an electric charge I’m getting about 50-60mpg for a big car.

I kind of regret not getting the 330e

50 miles on Elec and a seperate full petrol tank
Wow 50 miles on full electric from a 330e? I drive various examples of these cars everyday, week in week out and if a 330e could get above 27 miles in the real world I would be amazed !

E-Niro one year on. Love this car. Summer full charge mileage 300, winter 250. I live 7 miles outside Boston and use the car for shopping into Boston and my volunteer work, visiting our daughter once a week in Sleaford, 30 mile round trip and occasionally our son 80 mile round trip. We come over to Manchester at least once a month for a game and to see Mrs Q’s sister in a nursing home. These trips to Manc can be completed on a full charge although if we go to the Trafford Centre I do plug it in for the free charge. Recently went to the Charity Shield no problems and no extra charge needed returning with about 70 miles of charge left. I charge it at home on Octopus Go, 5p per Kw. I usually get about 4-5 miles a Kw in the summer and more like 4 during the winter.

Only one slight problem has been on our first trip last October to the Lakes. We stopped off at the Trafford Centre to do some shopping and made use of the free charge at the time although we probably would have been OK getting there. We had to charge up in Ambleside the following day but could only use the charger for an hour so had to return to move the car to another slot before going for a walk. We did this once again later in the week. Before returning we went to Kendal for the day and charged up fully. Coming home I needed a ‘top-up’ somewhere and the first two places on the M62 the charging points were bust and ended up at a Starbucks on the A1 for a coffee whilst putting in a 20 min charge.

I love this car and my only ‘gripe’ is that for the price I thought it would have been a bit quieter.

It is the best car for acceleration that I have ever driven.

For me, this car is great. I can see why people are sceptical, at present, with the poor infrastructure in the more remote areas and this is one of the things this government should be concentrating on. When we go to Nottingham and park in the park n ride there are rows of chargers and this is what local councils should be doing.

Drive a VW ID3. We've had 10 VW cars in the last 40 years and non of them have ever let us down. Got a really good deal changing from T-Roc to the ID3. Really like the EV. Very comfortable and a breeze to drive, haven't had a rear wheel drive vehicle since the Camper 30 odd years ago. Exceptionally quick 0-60, same as a Golf GTi. I have Octopus Go tariff (like Fred). Haven't done any really long trips where I've had to charge on the journey so can't comment on that other than friends have recommended the InstaVolt network (as found at Starbucks) for reliability so I downloaded that app for when I do go longer distances. Overall, really pleased with the whole thing and glad we changed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.