The forgotten few

Michael Branch, Darren Wassall, Trevor Christie, Barry Siddall, Tony Grant, Lee Peacock, Jason Van Bleurk, Matthew Mills, Bill Williams, Tyrone Mears, Simon Tracey, Tony Scully, Glenn Whelan, Robert Hopkins, Mark Seagraves, Nicky Summerbee (2nd time round 2001)

Of course, he was a striker (of sorts) for City, but Clough converted him into a more than useful midfielder.

Quite right. He was always vastly underrated, but as vital in his way as were Bell, lee & Summerbee of that squad.
His vital goals in the 1969 Wembley final, in the Cup-Winners final in Vienna, and of course in the 4-3 at Newcastle in May 1968, were of inestimable value.
I don't think he was well treated by the club later - or am I imagining it?

Of course, he was a striker (of sorts) for City, but Clough converted him into a more than useful midfielder.

Quite right. He was always vastly underrated, but as vital in his way as were Bell, lee & Summerbee of that squad.
His vital goals in the 1969 Wembley final, in the Cup-Winners final in Vienna, and of course in the 4-3 at Newcastle in May 1968, were of inestimable value.
I don't think he was well treated by the club later - or am I imagining it?
The Kippax gave him dog's abuse, his own fault for being a ginger. ffs
Wasn't the first, or the last by any means, probably the only one to win two EC's though.
Jack Dyson played for Lancs, Neil Young was pursued by Lancs, and the ELTA, various athletic outfits were monitoring his progress at junior school, and he was watched by many scouts from football clubs from all over the country. Shame it all ended as it did.

My dad's 70 year old mate a rag with good football knowledge (extremely rare I know) mentioned him a couple weeks back, although primarily a rag his parents are Scottish so he's a Rangers fan too and would watch them with his uncle when in Scotland .

He mentioned how good he was and that he joined us but he couldn't remember him here after the move, so checked his record great for Rangers did well for Scotland but never happened here for whatever reason.
Yes, he was touted as a worldie when he joined us but couldn't score to save his life.

One of the most remarkable (statistically) was Ian Thompstone, a 17-year-old debutant who came on as a sub for Trevor Morley, for the last 2w0 minutes, in a game at Middlesbrough in April 1988and scored City's goal in a 2-1 defeat (we always seemed to lose at 'Boro in those days).
So his goals-to-games ratio (1 goal in a career that lasted 20 minutes) is statistically unequalled, since he never played another game for City.

Were any Bluemooners at that game and saw his goal? I wasn't!
I was there!
And @i kne albert davy here it is!

barney daniels..apologies if already mentioned but 56 pages is a lot to scroll through.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.