The forgotten few

Some of the random Scottish players during Billy McNeill’s time seemed to come and go without really registering in the collective blue consciousness. Dom Sullivan, Duncan Davidson, Gordon Dalziel and Ken McNaught
I actually thought Dalziel was okay in the brief time he spent with us - he had his skilful moments - but like so many in those days if you blinked you missed his City career.

Ken McNaught of course had had a great career - League & European Champion in his day ... but sadly well past his best by the time he rocked up at City.

Those were the days ... unbelievable how we somehow got from there to here.

barney daniels..apologies if already mentioned but 56 pages is a lot to scroll through.
Just the 5 times prior to yours. I can understand not wanting to trawl though 50+ pages but the search function (top right) is really helpful for things like this. I mean there's a drop down menu to limit the results to just this thread too. How clever is that?

Definitely not me, and I hope you re right....
Neil Mcnab had a thread on here not so long ago due to him being not so well, Alex Williams is still doing things for CiC and I presume others haven't forgotten Keith Curle due to his penner v the scum.

Just the 5 times prior to yours. I can understand not wanting to trawl though 50+ pages but the search function (top right) is really helpful for things like this. I mean there's a drop down menu to limit the results to just this thread too. How clever is that?
is there?

Wow, that's far too clever for me lol

One of the most remarkable (statistically) was Ian Thompstone, a 17-year-old debutant who came on as a sub for Trevor Morley, for the last 2w0 minutes, in a game at Middlesbrough in April 1988and scored City's goal in a 2-1 defeat (we always seemed to lose at 'Boro in those days).
So his goals-to-games ratio (1 goal in a career that lasted 20 minutes) is statistically unequalled, since he never played another game for City.

Were any Bluemooners at that game and saw his goal? I wasn't!
Apparently the video posted on you tube was put on by a boro fan and Ian had not seen the clip until over 20 years later

Neil Mcnab had a thread on here not so long ago due to him being not so well, Alex Williams is still doing things for CiC and I presume others haven't forgotten Keith Curle due to his penner v the scum.
Always remember neil for the first goal in the 10-1, after we’d been battered off huddersfield for the first 20mins :)

Michael Branch, Darren Wassall, Trevor Christie, Barry Siddall, Tony Grant, Lee Peacock, Jason Van Bleurk, Matthew Mills, Bill Williams, Tyrone Mears, Simon Tracey, Tony Scully, Glenn Whelan, Robert Hopkins, Mark Seagraves, Nicky Summerbee (2nd time round 2001)
He didn't have a second time around in 2001. He trained with the club for a few weeks to keep fit when he didn't have a club and nothing more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.