City’s best performances between 1990 and 2008 (pre takeover)?

HelloCity

Always loved the away win at Blackburn in 1995. They were league leaders and would go on and win the title but we went there are played them off the park. It was the kind of result and away performance that we just never seemed to pull off during this period. Flitcroft had 2 goals disallowed (one incorrectly) and Rosler hit the bar after chipping Flowers as well.

one that stands out for me was a 3-1 win at Goodison back in 92 Quinn, White & Sheron were all on fire that day and April 91 win at Palace who were amazing that season Quinn hat-trick

Beating the rags home and away in 2008 when they won the champions league. Specially the one at Old Trafford when it had not been done in god knows how long.

We got absolutely battered for 90 minutes in that 07/08 home game tbf. Great result but we’d played much better against United and lost.

The 07/08 season is one I hold dearly to my heart, I was born in 1991 and had only ever known dross and turmoil with my club, those early games in August and September under Sven with Elano scoring screamer after screamer, the one that obviously sticks out is that Newcastle win with the Elano freekick, I couldnt believe my eyes that my football team were playing an entertaining brand of football, having just endured the 06/07 season under Pearce whereby we’d scored 10 goals at home all season

The 07/08 season is one I hold dearly to my heart, I was born in 1991 and had only ever known dross and turmoil with my club, those early games in August and September under Sven with Elano scoring screamer after screamer, the one that obviously sticks out is that Newcastle win with the Elano freekick, I couldnt believe my eyes that my football team were playing an entertaining brand of football, having just endured the 06/07 season under Pearce whereby we’d scored 10 goals at home all season

Made me start to hope again after all the previous false dawns. Having a manager like Sven at the helm and what felt we were signing a whole new team back then. After the strong start we gave up after Christmas, culminating in the twatting off Middlesborough on the last day of the season.

I remember a couple of matches against Newcastle under Keegan

In the promotion year we went up there and played them in the FA Cup. Outplayed them for large parts of the game but unluckily lost 1-0 I think. Bearing in mind they were a CL team then and we were in the championship, I knew that day we were going up

Then early on in the first season back up we played them at Maine Road and beat them 1-0 in a thrilling end to end match. Think Huckerby scored. It was a great game and a great atmosphere

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.