All Time Top 1100 Albums (Aerosmith - Big Ones) P265

Cheers for that mate, if you met me Im the least pretentious or snobby person, Im ordinary and very boring. Please continue to comment on my comments, dont put me on that nasty ignore list :)

PS I havent heard the new YES album, I still cant get over Jon not being part of it :( I lost a bit of interest after the Union debacle.

Cool. I promise that I was not trying to say that you are a pretentious snob.

New Yes album is ok, bit of a grower I think. One outstanding track although still not a match for classic Yes.

A bit too heavy for me, I found it hard work.
There's not much to cheer about, but I guess that's part of the point of this type of music?
I found I wasn't drawn in by any hooks or riffs in the way that I am by say ac/dc or g+r. Slightly different genre I know, and maybe I'm comparing apples to oranges, but nothing I heard wants me to go back to it again.
It's a 4 from me.

7/10 Not a ‘great’ album but an enjoyable enough listen if I want to explore that kind of music along with the emotions it may stir up.

A bit too heavy for me, I found it hard work.
There's not much to cheer about, but I guess that's part of the point of this type of music?
I found I wasn't drawn in by any hooks or riffs in the way that I am by say ac/dc or g+r. Slightly different genre I know, and maybe I'm comparing apples to oranges, but nothing I heard wants me to go back to it again.
It's a 4 from me.
It's interesting that you feel the same as I about the riffs/hooks, other than "Sandman" which everyone seems to like including me. What's also odd is that if I've read this thread right, I'm the only one who really likes "Sad But True". I find this response to hooks so intriguing -- I know instantly if I like a hook or not -- it's a visceral gut thing. We all know when music is askew or cacophonous, if you just randomly mash a piano, say. So why does someone else like a hook or dislike a hook and I feel differently? Is it brain chemistry? Eardrum configuration? This is a rhetorical; it's just something I've never figured out. Why do I like so many hooks produced by Rage Against The Machine, or Filter, or Ozzy, or Helmet, but not Megadeth, or Tool, or Iron Maiden, or (apparently) Metallica?

It's interesting that you feel the same as I about the riffs/hooks, other than "Sandman" which everyone seems to like including me. What's also odd is that if I've read this thread right, I'm the only one who really likes "Sad But True". I find this response to hooks so intriguing -- I know instantly if I like a hook or not -- it's a visceral gut thing. We all know when music is askew or cacophonous, if you just randomly mash a piano, say. So why does someone else like a hook or dislike a hook and I feel differently? Is it brain chemistry? Eardrum configuration? This is a rhetorical; it's just something I've never figured out. Why do I like so many hooks produced by Rage Against The Machine, or Filter, or Ozzy, or Helmet, but not Megadeth, or Tool, or Iron Maiden, or (apparently) Metallica?
I suppose It's because our ears work like any other sense? I.e. I might love a certain colour, where others couldn't stand it. Same with smells.
We're all wired differently, thankfully.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.