International Matches | 6th - 15th October 2021 | South American qualifiers early hours of Friday (BST)

Nothing really to do with the goal tonight, and not important anyway, but I really quite dislike Kylian Mbappe. Outstanding player, obviously, but not particularly likeable imo.
That statement runs for most of the French squad.

Nothing really to do with the goal tonight, and not important anyway, but I really quite dislike Kylian Mbappe. Outstanding player, obviously, but not particularly likeable imo.

Agreed, I think he's a good player but not impressed with how little he's kicked on since Monaco.

Jesus starts for Brazil vs Colombia. Game about to kick off

It certainly is. There were arguments about it on my refs course just three weeks ago. It’s ridiculous because if there was no var the flag goes up there
Hi Wattle, thanks for the insight.

I see the amendment to the law is below:

In addition, from this season: "A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent, who deliberately plays the ball (except from a deliberate save), is not considered to have gained an advantage."

My question would be, how is the word deliberately interpreted?

Deliberately
1. consciously and intentionally; on purpose.
2. in a careful and unhurried way.

Rodri's goal v Villa was allowed to stand due to Mings consciously controlling the ball and being under no pressure so therefor unhurried.

Although Garcia intentionally played at the ball, it was not in a careful or unhurried way.

I know you're not the authority on this but keen to know your thoughts.

Didn't raheem score a goal under similar circumstances a few seasons ago? It was played through to him offside but it came off the leg of a defender sliding in

Can't remember who against though
Just went digging and it was v Watford in 2019, the defender tries to kick it clear and it bounces off raz in an offside position into the net - must be the same rule applied with Mbappes goal (poorly imo)

It's fucking bollocks.
New phase my arse, pass is made and he's offside seeking to gain an advantage. There are plenty of laws in the game referees conveniently ignore as they please and this should be one of them.

Decent summary here:

Basically Garcia would have been better leaving the ball, which shows what a farce the rule is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.