A Small Clip Of The Tennants Sixes.

I lived up in the Glasgow area for 20 odd years and used to go to the Tennents Sixes. Was always good entertainment

It ran in January from 1984 through to 1993. The problem with such events is fitting it into the increasingly congested calendar. Even when the SPL had the January break, this was used by the old firm to do money spinning tours of the Far East or similar.

It’s a shame that the sponsors pulled out. However in the 1993 tournament, a farcical refereeing decision soured the whole thing. Hibs were playing Celtic and needed a 2-0 win to progress from the group stages. Hibs were leading 2-0 going into the final moments and were playing keep-ball to deny Celtic possession. The referee (from Edinburgh) Bill Crombie, awarded Celtic a free kick for ‘time wasting’, from which they scored. That eliminated Hibs.

That tells us more about Scottish referees than it does about the Tennant’s Sixes. All those who complain of bent refereeing in the Premier League have seen nothing compared to Scottish referees!

He was the corrupt bastard that never gave Hearts a penalty at Dundee !!
Admitted to us he was scared of being seen as a homer
He once sent me off at a five a side tournament at Meadowbank Stadium.
Everytime he was near me I whispered "fucking cheat" no one else could hear me so were irate when he gave me a red card :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.