Covid and travel discussion

Returned today from 10 nights in Rhodes.

First time to that island and loved it, loads to see and do.
Dinner in Lindos was a particular highlight, as we lucked out with a table housing a cracking sweeping view, just as dusk was turning to darkness.

View attachment 27883

Topped off with some post food beers overlooking the Acropolis.

View attachment 27884

Definitely on the agenda to return at some point, and things felt very normal over there.

As previously mentioned, didn't bother buying a 'day 2' test and used a fabricated reference for the UK PLF arrival form (mate also did the same), both accepted.

It would be remiss of me to suggest to others to do the same, but they really are a waste of money.

Next trip away is, all being well, Krakow/Warsaw at the end of November. Krakow has been on the travel hit list for many years so very much looking forward to that, and tagged on a night in Warsaw at the end.

Hopefully no more dramas but a lot can change in the travel world in 6 weeks.
Good to see you are sticking to the rules when the world still has covid ...

That's correct and it states TUI Airways Boeing 737-800. But my question was is this the generic logo for the Max? aka Max-8

A contributor robmcfc has said it's not a Max but at the end of the day it is what it is
Ryanair have rebadged all their 737 MAX planes as 737-8200 on the noses.

Bit more on the news the other day that day 2 pcr is set to be replaced with lft before end of half term, a photo of which will suffice

I don't know why the article goes on to state the prices of lft, surely they're the same devices as the free ones you can get.

There is almost zero chance the Gov will allow the free LFTs for travel when it changes over from a PCR.

They won't miss the chance to line their pockets further.

Would hazard an average price of about £20 a pop, watch this space....

Must admit we’re sticking to the rules and paying 4 * £43 for the day 2 PCR tests. Did it for Paris a few weeks ago and doing it again this week.

I agree it’s a huge con, but whether you agree with it or not, it’s the law.

It is the rules, not sticking to them endangers everyone, christ sake have you not learnt anything

How does having an NHS test (which I've had to do previously) instead of a highly inflated day 2 test endanger anyone?

Nothing to do with sequencing either as the vast, vast majority these days aren't sent away for that.

Why is so little sequencing of PCR tests being done? - BBC News

If people wish to still purchase these day 2 tests (like ROBMCFC) that's fair enough but I ain't lining their pockets anymore and I'm sure I'm not alone in that thought process.

They wouldn't be removing the day 2 PCR test requirement by the end of the month if it suddenly were to 'endanger' the nation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.