"Blackfishing"

as a 50 odd year old, im fucking lost, woke,gammon lgbgtiq , blackfishing, this younger generation are properly fucked, i blame twitter,facebook and god knows what else, i daren't go on the main forms of social media because the "abuse" changes day by day , i would end up losing my job for something i said not knowing that was the current no no , the world is changing too quickly for me, im getting off.

That misses the point, in this case and others i have read people are pretending to change their skin colour by tanning and changing hair and speech

Yeah I have seen this stuff before that's why I don't take it seriously. Where is the change of voice?

Fooling around and making an accent?

Speaking in Multicultural London English or an essex/urban accent?

Also voices and accents are not tied to race but upbringing and culture. If she is singing in a black voice during music, how is it different from UB40?

People of African descent don't have a monopoly on hair style or skin colour. There are plenty of black people in Australia and Pacific Islands that developed their dark "black" skin pigmentation independently of Africans.

If people want to wear braids or dreads that's up to them.I don't tell black people they shouldn't wear blonde hair or use hair extensions made from Indian women's hair. White people with dread locks isn't offensive it's just a crap look.

We need someone who is not white to explain why this is a thing that has irritate leigh
Probably, yes.
But I'm damn sure I wasn't asked, or even bothered one iota, if Jackson changing his skin colour bothered me. Or any of the photo tinkering to make a darker skinned singer/celeb look lighter.

I just don't get it.
A girl singer adopts a different persona. That's it.
Has nobody heard or ever seen Bowie?

Probably, yes.
But I'm damn sure I wasn't asked, or even bothered one iota, if Jackson changing his skin colour bothered me. Or any of the photo tinkering to make a darker skinned singer/celeb look lighter.

I just don't get it.
A girl singer adopts a different persona. That's it.
Has nobody heard or ever seen Bowie?
who is this bowie you talk of .

watched him at glastonbury the other night(saved recording), utterly fantastic

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.