20 | Bernardo Silva - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would go as far as saying Bernardo is in the best form of his club career. Now if only he could add a few more goals….
18/19 is an ALL TIME great season that he'll never get the credit for that he deserves outside of us. POTY for a domestic treble side and then went on to be pott for Portugal in nations league.

Currently in the academy and on loan we have a "replacement" for every positional need except for a midfielder of Bernie's qualities.

LW-Edozie/Borges/Rogers
ST-Delap/Sodje
RW-Palmer/Kayky

LCM-McAtee/Hamilton/Bobb
CDM-Lavia/Charles
RCM-T Doyle?/Fiorini?/Robertson?

LB-JWE/Tarensi/Larios
LCB-Mbete/C Doyle
RCB-Burns/THB
RB-CJ/Couto

Excluding keeper, I think when considering only players 17 and over, who we know the most about anyways can't be arsed about super high potential 15 year olds, these are our current best players in the academy or on loan and the positions they can play... roughly. Obviously most of them can play in more than 1 position but this is to get an idea.

So far every position I believe has players who can potentially do the business as a replacement down the line.

But in the RCM position, or Bernie's position, we need a more defensive player (if the LCM is the more attacking spot which is what I am going with right now) for the balance. This is REALLY hard to find as I don't know if any youth player can offer what we need there in terms of ball control and stamina.

Outside of that though... I think we are pretty set for the next 10 years. If we can get 1 per spot to stay long term I'd be ecstatic (even if unlikely).

It’s definitely not Ronaldo anymore as he’s now just a goal poacher. Salah probably the best on the league to be honest.Foden won’t be far off by the end of the season.
So.you 've told us who isn't the best player in the world right now....
Perhaps you can suggest who Is? ; )

18/19 is an ALL TIME great season that he'll never get the credit for that he deserves outside of us. POTY for a domestic treble side and then went on to be pott for Portugal in nations league.
That fact was not lost on me when I posted. He is working so hard for the team this season so far, showing no signs that he wanted to leave, which is a credit to him and he may end up having a more stellar season than 18/19.

I’m still drooling over that dribble against Liverpool from earlier this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.