Covid and travel discussion

How does having an NHS test (which I've had to do previously) instead of a highly inflated day 2 test endanger anyone?

Nothing to do with sequencing either as the vast, vast majority these days aren't sent away for that.

Why is so little sequencing of PCR tests being done? - BBC News

If people wish to still purchase these day 2 tests (like ROBMCFC) that's fair enough but I ain't lining their pockets anymore and I'm sure I'm not alone in that thought process.

They wouldn't be removing the day 2 PCR test requirement by the end of the month if it suddenly were to 'endanger' the nation.
I can understand your stance, mate. Ive read a lot of your posts this year and you work in an industry that has been well and truly shafted by the government.

I do feel a bit miffed that we've got to shell out nearly £200 every time the four of us travel (at least the tests to return have gone - that brought the total to £600 and £400 for the last two trips!). However, I like to stick to the rules so even though I understand that it's a waste, that's the way it'll have to be for me.

Just wish they'd have made everybody coming back from Cornwall take a test as well - they were in a much more dangerous zone than any of the holidays we've been on this year.

Correct, absolutely not sticking to that rule. It's a massive con.

If you'd previously wasted about 200 quid on pointless tests then you'd understand.

These day 2 PCR tests serve no purpose whatsoever.
Might as well be a covid denier

Ryanair have rebadged all their 737 MAX planes as 737-8200 on the noses.
A little transparency goes a long long way but a fairly pointless exercise as the Max has to be one of the most easily identifiable aircraft in the sky, so changing it's name may fool some but not all. If Michael's that confident of the Max's capability to carry his passengers safely from A to B then why the need to re-brand.

It's a difficult conundrum and an even more difficult plane to avoid with TUI now adding them to their fleet. There are other excellent carriers like Jet2 and the Easyjet but non that can slash and discount holidays as heavily as TUI so I'm afraid we're stuck with them for the foreseeable future.

So we shall sit there ever so quietly in our seats and bat it on out but for those that can't or won't then at least TUI will allow them to cancel or change their trip if they're not yet confident.

Ryanair have banned passengers who used chargeback to get refunds during the covid crisis from ever flying with them again until they refund the money received!

It is the rules, not sticking to them endangers everyone, christ sake have you not learnt anything

Calm down love.

The 2 day tests are an absolute rip off especially when travellers are already being tested ahead of departing their resort.

The free NHS lateral flow tests should suffice but the government seem to be helping their pals at Randox with this scam.

A little transparency goes a long long way but a fairly pointless exercise as the Max has to be one of the most easily identifiable aircraft in the sky, so changing it's name may fool some but not all. If Michael's that confident of the Max's capability to carry his passengers safely from A to B then why the need to re-brand.

It's a difficult conundrum and an even more difficult plane to avoid with TUI now adding them to their fleet. There are other excellent carriers like Jet2 and the Easyjet but non that can slash and discount holidays as heavily as TUI so I'm afraid we're stuck with them for the foreseeable future.

So we shall sit there ever so quietly in our seats and bat it on out but for those that can't or won't then at least TUI will allow them to cancel or change their trip if they're not yet confident.
Easyjet and Jet2 will not buy 737 MAXs.
They get my business.

sorry if already said, tests to travel to Portugal no longer required only full vaccination status as NHS app now accepted, as of yesterday (i think)

Reactions: ell
It is the rules, not sticking to them endangers everyone, christ sake have you not learnt anything
7 of went to Spain in August,we played everything by the book.
Used a company called Expert Medicals for the 2 day return tests.
5 of us never even received the test kits on return.
Me and my father in law received ours,done the tests,sent them off,and still not had the results.
Not heard fuck all from nobody.....who checks these are being done?
Not arguing Kaz,just saying what happened with us.

Yes because the rules have made absolute sense all the way through haven't they?
Further if it endangers everyone how come those rules will be changed in two weeks to be replaced by LFT's anyway and virtually no other country in Europe asks citizens to do these tests AND pay through the nose for them?
We did those day 2 PCR tests on return from Porto and Spain this summer (with companies still on the 'cleansed' list) and two received the results after 9 days and two nothing at all.
Last time we did the LFT's at home each day after arrival and got the results in 15 mins so we could isolate if needed straight away rather than after 9 days or not at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.