Women's Team - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only 5? Taylor out!
Could have been two or three more had we made more of the promising chances we created. EFC fell away in the second half and had two howlers. But apart from a better second half I wouldn't say we played well. Goalkeeper stands on the ball and looks to be waiting for a bus, anyone in the back four will pass backwards 'n sideways, in the first half we hardly had a recognisable attacking midfield and took to humping the ball and chasing it, continued in the second half, but we had players who realised eventually that they could finish a move with the ball ending up in the net! Much of the first half I would just label as mind-numbingly boring.

Could have been two or three more had we made more of the promising chances we created. EFC fell away in the second half and had two howlers. But apart from a better second half I wouldn't say we played well. Goalkeeper stands on the ball and looks to be waiting for a bus, anyone in the back four will pass backwards 'n sideways, in the first half we hardly had a recognisable attacking midfield and took to humping the ball and chasing it, continued in the second half, but we had players who realised eventually that they could finish a move with the ball ending up in the net! Much of the first half I would just label as mind-numbingly boring.
The first half was dreadful, the first thought from practically all the players was to pass the ball back no matter how far up the pitch they were. At times we put ourselves into very difficult situations because of all the negative play. Everyone around me was getting quite agitated by the side to side or backward pass. Thought we were much better in the second half but I admit it was starting from a low ebb.

The first half was dreadful, the first thought from practically all the players was to pass the ball back no matter how far up the pitch they were. At times we put ourselves into very difficult situations because of all the negative play. Everyone around me was getting quite agitated by the side to side or backward pass. Thought we were much better in the second half but I admit it was starting from a low ebb.
Better teams would overrun us during a first half like that. There was no inclination to make a beeline for the opposition penalty area other than a few forays from Lauren Hemp. Compare the way EFC moved the ball quickly forwards. They always seemed, even at 4 and 5 one down, to have an 'out' ball and be looking to put us under some pressure in our half.

Highlights on the City website do not show any of the passing back and sideways on the edge of our own penalty area play.

Instead the short video actually shows the way the team should be playing, fast wing play, getting the ball forward quickly, plenty of crosses and lots of shots.

The coaching staff should take a long hard look at themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.