Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teachers and other school staff, perhaps?
The people analysing the data in N Ireland have said it is the parents of the young teens who seem to be one cause of the second bulge in the 40s and some are starting to see a higher bulge at a lower level start in the 70/80 which they suggest may be grandparents coming into contact with the infected children at gatherings.

Indeed on Peston just now they showed a graph someone had sent in showing a small rise in the over 70s testing positive too. I did not catch the source. They were also saying the numbers of boosters being given were disappointingly low so far and were implying the upper age spike was waning immunity in those who had their second jabs early in the year.

My friend had her second one well over 7 months ago now - early March. And I will be at 6 months in a few days and neither of us are on the imminent list it seems. Not sure what is going on with the boosters tbh. Especially as they called me in for my flu jab remarkably early - early September - the earliest I have ever had it in the 23 years I have been having it.

Last edited:
The people analysing the data in N Ireland have said it is the parents of the young teens who seem to be one cause of the second bulge in the 40s and some are starting to see a higher bulge at a lower level start in the 70/80 which they suggest may be grandparents coming into contact with the infected children at gatherings.

Indeed on Peston just now they showed a graph someone had sent in showing a small rise in the over 70s testing positive too. I did not catch the source. They were also saying the numbers of boosters being given were disappointingly low so far and were implying the upper age spike was waning immunity in those who had their second jabs early in the year.

My friend had her second one well over 7 months ago now - early March. And I will be at 6 months in a few days and neither of us are on the imminent list it seems. Not sure what is going on with the boosters tbh. Especially as they called me in for my flu jab remarkably early - early September - the earliest I have ever had it in the 23 years I have been having it.
I had to see my GP today so asked about boosters, he didn’t seem to sure about the roll out tbh.

GM WEEKLY POP SCORES

Remember low scores good - going down good - high scores bad - going up bad

BOROUGH // POP SCORE TODAY // POP SCORE LAST WEEK // UP OR DOWN BY LAST 7 DAYS

Also WAS 4 weeks ago (up/down in past month)

BOLTON 258 // 270 // DOWN 12 WAS 261 (DOWN 3)

MANCHESTER 289 // 246 //UP 43 WAS 245 (UP 44)

OLDHAM 354 // 339 // UP 15 WAS 302 (UP 52)

BURY 355 // 317 // UP 38 WAS 268 (UP 87)

SALFORD 359 // 342 // UP 17 WAS 285 (UP 74)

ROCHDALE 395 // 264 // UP 131 WAS 251 (UP 144)

WIGAN 399 // 327 // UP 72 WAS 293 (UP 106)

TAMESIDE 520 // 481 UP 39 WAS 353 (UP 167)

STOCKPORT 569 // 559 // UP 10 WAS 359 (UP 200)

TRAFFORD 757 // 721 // UP 36 WAS 309 (UP 412)

Trafford FELL dramatically again today and Stockport and each decimated their week to week rise as a result. Indeed Stockport now has the lowest week to week rise and only Boltpn (the only borough still falling left) is better. Month to month though Trafford and Stockport are well clear of the rest Though Tameside and Rochdale are up quite big over the month too.

Stockport;s gap to Trafford falls again to 188.

Tameside up today too and much closer to Stockport.

Only Manchester and Bolton now under 300. And they went in opposite directiobs and ut might just be Bolton soon now back in a clear lead.

The top to bottom spread falls again to 'just' 311 - a 231 FALL today from 542.

I had to see my GP today so asked about boosters, he didn’t seem to sure about the roll out tbh.
My friend has called her GP three times and they seem to have no idea either. She is in the most vulnerable category and was on the shielding list sent out by the government from the start last March but she cannot even get a date for her flu jab let alone the booster. She has asthma from which her son died young. Nearly died from pneumonia just before Covid started. And imo would be in the first few percent of those to get this booster. But seems it is not working to any real plan. I half expect to get a call to have one myself before she does. Which would be absurd.

My flu jab came with an out of the blue call to go to my surgery as 'they had an unexpected batch of vaccine' and did not want to waste it.

Seems a bit of a day to day no idea what we will be doing tomorrow kind of operation.

Last edited:
Nothing else makes sense

It's certainly the case that many govt actions don't make sense.

But rather than some grand but hidden strategy, I suspect they're simply incompetent and indecisive. That would certainly be consistent with their actions through the rest of the pandemic - I rather doubt they've suddenly become capable of instigating a magnificent, secret conspiracy to infect the nation.

It's certainly not the case that their stated strategy is to get people infected quickly. As I linked above, It's the exact opposite.

My friend has called her GP three times and they seem to have no idea either. She is in the most vulnerable category and was on the shielding list sent out by the government from the start last March but she cannot even get a date for her flu jab let alone the booster. She has asthma from which her son died young. Nearly died from pneumonia just before Covid started. And imo would be in the first few percent of those to get this booster. But seems it is not working to any real plan. I half expect to get a call to have one myself before she does. Which would be absurd.

My flu jab came with an out of the blue call to go to my surgery as 'they had an unexpected batch of vaccine' and did not want to waste it.

Seems a bit of a day to day no idea what we will be doing tomorrow kind of operation.

The rollout of boosters and for 12-15yos seems to be dire so far.

Whatever happened to variants Marvin? Seemed to be 2 new ones a week at one point. Anyone would think they were trying to scare us.

Currently Delta is so infectious and so dominant it’s basically snuffing out new variants before they can take hold by removing the pool they can infect and multiply with and get spotted by us.

the next variant that takes hold will likely be one that has highly breakthrough of immunity and can take hold.

Last edited:

Doesn’t have to be family gatherings. Around 260,000 children live with and are brought up by their grandparents and that doesn’t even include households where grandparents live with their children+grandchildren and aren’t the head of household.

Then add to that the family gatherings and families who regularly visit or are visited by grandparents…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.