"Blackfishing"

Root cause?

Jealousy probably. Whilst I'm not musically aware enough to make a good judgement on the quality of the lyrics and sound. The video certainly has a high production quality and features cameo or collaboration from two big stars.

Maybe the rest of the band were caught off guard by it, Jesy stepped away from the band for mental health reasons and a few months later comes out with a reasonable quality first single in her solo career.

It’s not the first time there has been a bitter falling out and feelings of betrayal because someone left a band and was the first to go it alone.

Doesn't make false racism accusations because someone wears braids, wears braids and sings R&B valid though.
Maybe, but your last sentence sums it up. Its a made up issue.

Deary me...

Well having read his book cover to cover twice il have to disagree. But you should educate yourself to realise why what your saying is tinged with racism.

What is the real sense of the word race baiter then? Someone that needs to pipe down a bit according to the white masses?

I don't agree with you, educating myself because my opinion is racist is ridiculous.

When did 50'S/60'S R & B become the generic term for over produced musak that exists today?...I need an exact date here.

I see the Stones have stopped playing 'Brown Sugar' live after being called out for lyric content racism.
Perhaps the most anti Racist song ever..Blue Minks ' Melting Pot' suffered a similar fate I think.

'Lola' may offend some people?

I’ve tried to follow this debate and am the first to admit half the words used, I don’t understand.

The way I would try and summarise the problem (perhaps too simplistically or crudely) is that in today’s world “fame” is available from the comfort of your own home without actually having to do or produce anything other than content. The demand for instant recognition is intense for these wannabes and to accomplish this people are “stealing” other peoples cultural roots/traditions and then, in some cases, doubling down by claiming they have the same cultural roots/traditions. And this is upsetting people? Well if I am even about half correct then I can get where they are coming from, surely it’s similar (in terms of injustice) to stealing someone’s idea and profiting off it - and we have copyright laws to protect people from this. I certainly don’t pretend to know how it feels but I would be mighty pissed off if someone stole an idea I’d shared with them and sold it off as their own.

Some posters would really benefit from listening/reading people like Akala

Mate, some won't 'waste their time' in doing so. They already have a deep thinking and knowledge of the Black experience and are already deeply versed in all the nuances in Black culture.

Pointless in trying to shed any light or anything.

Every person will have some inherent biases/prejudices. It's up to you weather you want to move past them or not.

See I don't believe I have the bias and prejudices thrown at me by activists. I do have preferences moulded by my cultural upbringing but as you say everyone does.

"Moving past" an imagined prejudice by reading a book and agreeing with someone else's narrative isn't healthy. I don't have to read a book by Nigel Farage to assume that he's a bit on the right side of politics, there's enough evidence out there to show he has views I don't agree with, when I see someone else displaying those traits then I will ignore their views too.

Being a moderate isn't a crime, picking a side isn't a requirement and the majority of people are not that invested in the new moonie flavour of the month agendas.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.