"Blackfishing"

A) People have hijacked what the thread was about in order to administer personal stories.

B) See original context of the thread.

A) You are saying people have hijacked a thread? You? Bloody hell.

I have managed to watch the video and it certainly offended my ears and eyes but apart from that I can’t help you. Now as I call Zeppelin the Willie Dixon tribute band and hate the group for not only stealing the guys work but not even having the decency to pay him for it then this is not only in the same ballpark it’s not even on the same planet.

I’m not sure if she is clever enough to be ironic or is just plain trying to reinvent herself and choosing a genre that Seems very popular god knows why.

Let's say, bluejon, you're in circle of friends and one of them, let's call them 'Jovial' Henry pops up with a 'Black' accent (pick any stereotype you like) and your mates chuckle along and you want to 'call him out', but are shy.

In that moment, are you active in declaring your discomfort and maybe losing a mate or two or passive in allowing everyone to think you are 'one of the lads' the same as Henry?

There are no outs to look for as it's a real life scenario.

Where do you stand?
I would tell him to stop being a ****, but i'm a very forthright person in my views who isn't scared to upset people when i think they are being a ****. Not everyone is like me.

I have managed to watch the video and it certainly offended my ears and eyes but apart from that I can’t help you. Now as I call Zeppelin the Willie Dixon tribute band and hate the group for not only stealing the guys work but not even having the decency to pay him for it then this is not only in the same ballpark it’s not even on the same planet.

I’m not sure if she is clever enough to be ironic or is just plain trying to reinvent herself and choosing a genre that Seems very popular god knows why.

All my posts in threads are relative to the subject at hand.

Just maybe from a viewpoint you can't understand, i.e., a Black one.

Zep also 'paid homage to' Kansas Joe McCoy & Memphis Minnie...without actually paying them obv....

I would tell him to stop being a ****, but i'm a very forthright person in my views who isn't scared to upset people when i think they are being a ****. Not everyone is like me.

And here is the point.

In the face of wrong you're either active or inactive, not 'shy'. That factor does not exist.

If I saw Fode getting twatted down the street, I'm active in helping him (or them, I suppose) out or I walk away.

Not shy, either way.

And here is the point.

In the face of wrong you're either active or inactive, not 'shy'. That factor does not exist.

If I saw Fode getting twatted down the street, I'm active in helping him (or them, I suppose) out or I walk away.

Not shy, either way.
That's bollocks mate. Someone being scared to raise their voice due to their own insecurities does not make them a racist. Instantly calling this hypothetical person an instant racist will do nothing to help the situation. I also think that social media/forums like this, are a spectacularly shit place to have discussions about this sort of thing and is part of the problem we currently have as a society. People instantly take up positions they won't be moving from, misunderstandings occur, and it all gets shouty and finger pointy. It's very depressing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.