"Blackfishing"

And here, ladies and gents, is always going to be the issue when you are unable to view another demographic's world through the prism of whatever skin you are captive in.

You've illuminated your own problem very nicely.

Job done and why you can't be moved in any form of understanding.
Oh no what a shame, you couldnt or did t want to answer the question so you resorted to belittling the other poster yet again. I think we are done Bigga.

If you are going to the match today, have a good one.

And yet when something does happen to a loved one, it does put the importance of football into perspective.

I think his point was more than we have 40 odd pages of people arguing about a female multi-millionaire looking a bit black whilst she says she’s paying homage to black culture as it’s what she loves and enjoys. Whilst that argument went on, some Islamist **** has murdered an MP going about his job. The poster wasn’t saying this subject means nothing at all, he was just saying it puts the relative importance into perspective.
Fair enough if I've misunderstood what he said but this thread has gone a bit beyond arguing about a female multi-millionaire looking a bit black etc to discuss the wider issues that touches on. And yes some Islamist **** has murdered an MP and of course that's a big thing but what if a deranged republican somehow gets to wipe out the royal family today, the dead MP becomes small fry in context. But not to his family.

Not having lost a loved one today I'll happily go to the match, when I lose a loved one I'll mourn and probably take less interest in football for a while.

No problem, There are plenty of internet articles about the social issues the UK faces and also articles about what are perosnally the most stressful issues that people in the UK have to deal with. Many artickes rank those issues. Find me one that puts cultural appropriation near the top, to be honest i would be surprised is you can find one that lists it as an issue at all. I will await your response with interest.
I'm not interested in ranking social issues, it's pointless. One thing being more important to more people doesn't make another thing unimportant. If I recall you are a businessman of some sort and hopefully doing well. If you were facing bankruptcy that would be a big deal to you and I'd be mildly concerned but in the grand scheme of things it wouldn't really matter to most.

And yet when something does happen to a loved one, it does put the importance of football into perspective.

I think his point was more than we have 40 odd pages of people arguing about a female multi-millionaire looking a bit black whilst she says she’s paying homage to black culture as it’s what she loves and enjoys. Whilst that argument went on, some Islamist **** has murdered an MP going about his job. The poster wasn’t saying this subject means nothing at all, he was just saying it puts the relative importance into perspective.
Absolutely, It was just about context.

I'm not interested in ranking social issues, it's pointless. One thing being more important to more people doesn't make another thing unimportant. If I recall you are a businessman of some sort and hopefully doing well. If you were facing bankruptcy that would be a big deal to you and I'd be mildly concerned but in the grand scheme of things it wouldn't really matter to most.
true but these things are ranked. And the death of a family member is right at the top but no surprise there. There are plenty of articles ranking social issues even if you dont want to look for them.

true but these things are ranked. And the death of a family member is right at the top but no surprise there. There are plenty of articles ranking social issues even if you dont want to look for them.
Well feel free to post a link if it's important to you. If your point is that there are more important issues than cultural appropriation then maybe that is so, the planet for one. But if you merely want to dismiss the concerns of those who feel cultural appropriation is an issue just because it doesn't resonate with you (and admittedly a lot of other people) then you're wrong.

Oh no what a shame, you couldnt or did t want to answer the question so you resorted to belittling the other poster yet again. I think we are done Bigga.

Haha!

You're hilarious. I shouldn't have to pull up articles within my own demographic that highlights the issues, you miss. I know the subject matter talked about down the years.

Do you know why? As it's an important discussion within my community and has been over the decades.

Do you know why you don't know about it? Because you and your demographic deem it 'unimportant'.

And that is where you are as I explained earlier, therefore, no moving you to any understanding.

Enjoy the match in whatever capacity you're taking it in.

Haha!

You're hilarious. I shouldn't have to pull up articles within my own demographic that highlights the issues, you miss. I know the subject matter talked about down the years.

Do you know why? As it's an important discussion within my community and has been over the decades.

Do you know why you don't know about it? Because you and your demographic deem it 'unimportant'.

And that is where you are as I explained earlier, therefore, no moving you to any understanding.

Enjoy the match in whatever capacity you're taking it in.
we should all reconvene on the pre match thread and argue about who should be the false nine today, and then meet on the actual match thread to bicker about why we aren't 2-0 up after 10 minutes. (actually avoid the match day thread apart from a half time catch up for that reason)

How about we ask the question which is more important...

Getting vaccinated against a pandemic causing virus or “cultural appropriation" of music and hairstyles?

If someone was to say the latter, we'd probably think that they had lost all sense of perspective in life.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.