#17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Form is temporary, class is permanent..... not at his best currently, but he still has a positive impact on games as per the goal yesterday

We are a tad jinxed with some of our greatest ever being injury prone, imagine how many games Serg Vincent and KDB could have played. Still irks me that Aguero didn’t get to 2nd highest goal scorer.
I’ve been saying for a while our best midfield is Rodri gundog and Silva. That leaves a lot of players fighting for those 3 places up top in the big games.

Would be interesting to know who would be the 3 up top if we play those 3 in midfield.

Kev Phil Jack Gabby Mahrez

Decisions decisions.

Said in the post match thread that KDB is not performing that well and hasn’t for some time.

He can score the odd great goal and create some wonderful chances but I honestly don’t think he makes our starting 3 in midfield. I also think he doesn’t make either of the wide (left or right) slots in the front three, so reckon he either plays in a false 9 or when there are injuries.

I feel the work rate and balance of the team is better without him in it. Silva, Gundo and Rodri is our best midfield 3. Foden on the left and Jesus on the right our best wide attackers.

KDB signed a 400k (reported figure) per week contract late last season and then we spent 100m on Jack and I don’t think either (on current form) make our starting 11!
Can’t believe anyone would say KDB is not in our first team 11. Don’t be ridiculous. He is one of the best players in the world.

Form is temporary, class is permanent..... not at his best currently, but he still has a positive impact on games as per the goal yesterday
I don't think it's anything to do with form, his body looks very broken, he looks a shadow of himself.

He has aged so much in the last year, I just hope we have not already seen him at his best.

I don't think it's anything to do with form, his body looks very broken, he looks a shadow of himself.

He has aged so much in the last year, I just hope we have not already seen him at his best.
Christ on a bike - Kev was the least of the issues yesterday. Good job he has that class to take his chance rather than blast it over the bar time and again. Yes he maybe only at about 70% but a 70% De Bruyne is better than most players in the game.

Good post, when you consider all the injuries he has had, they unfortunately are bound to take its toll.

Christ on a bike - Kev was the least of the issues yesterday. Good job he has that class to take his chance rather than blast it over the bar time and again. Yes he maybe only at about 70% but a 70% De Bruyne is better than most players in the game.
I though he looked terrible, incredibly laboured, his movement poor, he looks a million miles off the required fitness level.

BUT, it shows just how good he is with the goal, but for a player of his ability, he is way off the pace and form.

Kev scored for us in the last two games and assisted all of Belgium's 3 goals this international break. If that is what it means to be off form I hope he keeps being off form

Can’t believe anyone would say KDB is not in our first team 11. Don’t be ridiculous. He is one of the best players in the world.
We have all been spoilt with some of his displays over the years so when he has an off game we try and put it into something that it isn’t.
KDB would walk in to any team in the world. He is always one pass from a world class assist, one run from ripping a defence wide open and one touch from a goal.
In my opinion he is first name on the sheet regardless of form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.