Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Zealand reports highest number of cases since the start of the pandemic

Lockdown rulebreakers have been partially blamed for a growing number of infections in New Zealand's largest city.
Some 94 new cases have been reported - the highest number so far and the majority of which were in Auckland.

They’re settling for killing their parents and themselves.
The comment I made was more about the presumption, often made on this forum and others, that it’s ’all the fault of the young’ or the youff as some wags like to call them.

Truth is, they’re highly unlikely to be affected by Covid, unless they’re pregnant, whereas if you’re over 60, unhealthy or both, you’re highly likely to be affected. I know which group I’d be aiming my ire at, given which ones will end up in hospital.

The jab rollout in this country and people's patience in dealing with restrictions, was doomed from the day Delta was allowed in.

People assumed the jab made you immune from even catching the virus but Delta meant that was no longer the case thus giving even more excuses for anti-vaxxers to not have the jab.

Also, the media in this country are a disgrace and amongst the investigations and inquests into the UK's response, certain sections of the written and visual media should suffer serious consequences for their scaremongering and headlines. We have a large proportion of people in this country who only get their information from tabloid media and the like. For them to be able to, and actively pump out such sensationalised rubbish about the supposed dangers of the jab during the early stages of the rollout, was a complete and utter disgrace.

They’re all coming out of the woodwork now aren’t they the Independent Sage goons. They are wrong time and time again but as soon as we get an increase in cases they roll the same lot out. They are not independent, they are a left wing organisation that is against the government, people will do well to remember that.

They’re all coming out of the woodwork now aren’t they the Independent Sage goons. They are wrong time and time again but as soon as we get an increase in cases they roll the same lot out. They are not independent, they are a left wing organisation that is against the government, people will do well to remember that.

You could try addressing the data and arguments rather than spraying incoherent insults.

What exactly do you disagree with in the tweet?

Russia has reported a record 1,015 coronavirus-related deaths today - the highest single-day toll since the start of the pandemic.

It comes just after the country reported its highest-ever number of infections at 34,325.

Russia has reported a record 1,015 coronavirus-related deaths today - the highest single-day toll since the start of the pandemic.

It comes just after the country reported its highest-ever number of infections at 34,325.
What vaccines are they using? I assume something by chance similar to one of the others in the west. And I imagine their roll out is extremely skewed and poor areas will be little covered and so below most other countries of that size.

Hopefully assuming wrong there.

But they will get Winter early in the east so are facing a less reduced Covid wave sadly I suspect.

I do not think it is an omen for what we face this Winter. Certainly not that deafh to cases ratio which is akin to and possibly even a bit worse than we had in January pre vaccine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.