Covid and travel discussion

Flying out to tenerife and glad to be out of the UK.
Issue here appears to be the ones who are against vaccination and those who don't comply with regulations or respect others. They can't have it both ways, it will inevitably restrict their movements whether we like it or not.

It's busy here ATM plenty of live music and beer,been a bit cloudy the last couple of days but still hot

While I agree with you that we cannot be locked down forever, protecting the NHS is 100% something that has to be done.

I'm pretty sure most reasonable people on here do not want situations where loved ones are being turned away from hospitals or people are dying outside on hospital beds. Until the NHS gets properly funded and the government pulls its fucking finger out, then this continues to be an issue.

I remember most winters reading the NHS was on the verge of being overrun due to the flu so i guess this just adds to the pressure. Catch 22 and it's insane when you consider the costs of closing everything down to putting more money into the NHS, surely the latter is preferable.

Nobody wants any more lockdowns or restrictions on travel, which is why plenty of people on these forums are advocating that people wear masks and take other small measures that mean we won't need more hefty measures later on.

I still wear my mask everywhere out and about and must have spent about 50% of my recent holidays to Spain and France with a mask on. It's no big deal.
We use masks in outdoor situations were we cannot control safe distance and this morning have just received a new supply of ffp2 and ffp3's that we ordered for our holiday. A bit more expensive but the ffp 2's and 3's are best suited for airports and planes affording excellent protection. I think they are the equivelent of the american n95's and so we bought a mix of 20.

However we can gel up, mask up and keep a safe distance to our hearts content, but what we cannot do is avoid our inner circle of family children and grandchildren and thats unfortunatly were we got caught. It's out there on the prowl and it's on the increase and it's very very difficult to avoid.

We are covered for the holiday with the TUI promise with a fee free change but have an inkling it wont be long before other countries begin to impose travel restrictions due to our accelerating infection rate.

We use masks in outdoor situations were we cannot control safe distance and this morning have just received a new supply of ffp2 and ffp3's that we ordered for our holiday. A bit more expensive but the ffp 2's and 3's are best suited for airports and planes affording excellent protection. I think they are the equivelent of the american n95's and so we bought a mix of 20.

However we can gel up, mask up and keep a safe distance to our hearts content, but what we cannot do is avoid our inner circle of family children and grandchildren and thats unfortunatly were we got caught. It's out there on the prowl and it's on the increase and it's very very difficult to avoid.

We are covered for the holiday with the TUI promise with a fee free change but have an inkling it wont be long before other countries begin to impose travel restrictions due to our accelerating infection rate.
Yes, I understand where you are coming from. We've basically altered our life and told family that if they come here, they have to mask up. We've been on holidays and worn masks but that is our main enjoyment. If we have to sacrifice everything else for a year or two, so be it.

People will eventually come to understand that unless they change the way they live and interact, this will get worse and/or be here for a much longer period than it otherwise would.

One of my daughters is at Manchester Uni and she is one of only two in a class of about 20 or 30 who wear masks. Most people are selfish or thick or both IMO.

While I agree with you that we cannot be locked down forever, protecting the NHS is 100% something that has to be done.

I'm pretty sure most reasonable people on here do not want situations where loved ones are being turned away from hospitals or people are dying outside on hospital beds. Until the NHS gets properly funded and the government pulls its fucking finger out, then this continues to be an issue.
The NHS is funded properly it’s just managed shit.

After the negative news yesterday from Morocco, better news today.

Argentina will re-open to UK tourists (assume vaccinated) from 1st November.
Barbados are dropping the test on arrival and await result requirement from 24th October.

Expecting more countries to follow Morocco's lead and ban us before long though, so it's very much swings and roundabouts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.